xxi. of letting him go and falling apart

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

DRESS
(( — DEAD POETS SOCIETY — ))

—chapter xxi. of letting him go and falling apart

tw: mention of suicide and grief

ON HER WAY BACK to her room, loraine ran into harry bredston of all people. that must've been a bad joke by the universe

"hey" harry raised his hand. to loraine's surprise he didn't seem smug

"what do you want harry?" she asked annoyed "i'm not in the mood for anything of this today"

"i wanted to apologize" he said, surprisingly.

loraine raised her eyebrows. "you want to apologize?"

"yes" harry was fiddling with his fingers "i realized that what i did was awful. you didn't owe me anything, but when cameron came to me i got tempted and i took my anger out on dalton and you, anger that you didn't deserve"

"you're right" loraine nodded "charlie and i did not deserve that"

"i'm really sorry, loraine" harry mumbled "after everything that happened with neil i wanted to apologize and let you know that i didn't mean what i said. my condolences"

"thank you" loraine nodded "seems like after all that happened you'll get what you wanted. my father wants me to go to italy and he's already speaking of marrying us"

"what?" harry asked surprised

"yeah, just what i said" she shrugged "please excuse me, i'll go cry in my room as long as my life isn't over yet"

"what? loraine, wait!" harry was following her down the hall "he can't just make you marry me, can he?"

"he can" loraine nodded

"i didn't know about any of this, i swear"

"that doesn't matter, harry" loraine continued her way "please just leave me alone, i have to process all of this first"

"i mean, what about charlie?"

"charlie isn't an option for my father"

"his parents are rich, right? he's from a good family, isn't he?" harry just wouldn't stop talking

"charlie is not the kind of guy my father sees fit for me"

"but he makes you happy, doesn't he?" harry asked

"my father doesn't care if i'm happy or not"

"oh" harry froze in his step and watched loraine continue her way back to her room. her door fell closed with a loud thud and harry turned around to go back to his room, regret plaguing his mind.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

LORAINE HAD HID in her room for what felt like hours, before she decided that she couldn't wait around like that.

she had to talk to him.

she walked out of her room, making sure that no one was paying attention to her. technically, nolan had not forbidden her to leave her room and he was probably still busy with making her friends sign that awful piece of paper.

she knocked on the door repeatedly and quicker than she expected, it opened.

"lori?" mr keating asked surprised.