3

The morning breeze tingles your skin in an unsettling way. You twitch and groan before fluttering your eyes open, sleep in the corners. You rub your eyes to get rid of the blurry filter casted over them.

You look around to see the others still sound asleep, the morning sun was barely half way into the sky so it was pretty evidently early.

Yet one person was missing.

Astarion.

You thought of what he had asked of you yesterday, still confused but not very weirded out.

You are aware of the Vampire species, but as your from the sea, you rarely hear stories of such. You have yet to learn.

A familiar sent draws your attention. A metallic, salty smell engulfs your senses and you shift to see a boar in the distance, no bigger than up to your knees. It was small, easy to catch, and laid upon the ground on its side, drops of blood spread around it.

You tilt your head and look straight at Astarions tent. Squinting your eyes, you could see him, a book in hand as he paced back and forth, closing and opening the book multiple times as if he was agitated and didn't understand a single word.

You lift yourself up from the mat with a huff and walk over to him.

You could hear mumbles as you got closer and closer.

"Oh! Hello there, Y/N" he jumped at the site of you, he wasn't annoyed at all but...happy? "How'd you sleep? Well?" He asked, putting his book down.

You crossed your arms, "mhm, and you?"

"Restless, furious, hungry" he listed' "but now I'm content and full" he said aloud, gazing over to the dead boar and back, "I needed whatever blood I could get, you would understand if you where in my condition"

You nodded slowly.

Looking at his eyes, they seem a bright, lively red colour as opposed to last night.

"Are there any plans for today?" You ask, turning around to look at all of his stuff, picking up random objects and placing them back down.

"I believe Wyll had proposed a visit to some small village down south, he heard there was an attack? Honestly, if the man wants to go so badly he can go on his own. He believes every small rumour."

"Uh huh" you respond, looking at all the wine bottles on a bottom shelf. You pick one up and open the top, pulling out the cork with just your two fingers.

Astarion takes a double look before warning you, "don't bother, I ask for one thing from these people and they can't even manage to bring me back a decent bottle of wine" he scowls and rolls his eyes.

You sniff the top of the bottle before scrunching your face up from the pungent vinegar like stench, stuffing the cork screw back into it.

"We should get ready, wait for the others to get up and get going as soon as possible, incase the rumours are true" you say softly, still a little rasp in your voice as you only woke up a few minutes ago, looking up at him as the sun rose higher and lit the two of you up.

"Of course, darling"

——————————

543 words

SOOOO sorry that this is insanely short and bad I'm writing this half asleep right now
Just wanted to get another interaction with Astarion and realised I hadn't uploaded in a few days
I've only just started college too so uploads may be slow but I'll try my best
I wont disappear for weeks I swear <3