Chapter 7 - Returning Home

"It's really not royalties." Zhou Wei, who snatched Ning Xiusi's envelope, said with some surprise.

  Ning Xiusi was a little angry, so he took Zhangyang's letter back.

  Just now he went downstairs and met Dr. Hu who was looking for him. When he saw the signature on the envelope that the latter handed to him, he knew who it was.

  Now seeing Zhou Wei shaking out Zhangyang's letter, he said coldly: "I said no, why are you grabbing it?" The atmosphere in the office became a bit tense. Some old colleagues couldn't stand it and took the initiative to act as peacemakers, laughing. 

He looked at Ning Xiusi and asked, "Xiu Si is so nervous. Could it be that some girl sent it?" 

When Ning Xiusi heard this, a clear voice immediately appeared in his mind. He quickly shook his head, "No. No, this is a press release sent by the person involved."

  The person who spoke to Ning Xiusi just now is called Li Shuming. His office is opposite Ning Xiusi. Yesterday, he heard Ning Xiusi talk about the major human smuggling case recently detected by the police, contact key figures in the case.

  He added: "In the recent human trafficking case, Xiu Si got first-hand information about the parties who helped the police solve the case." Zhou Wei also knew that Ning Xiu Si was following up on this major case that attracted national attention. 

When he heard this ss he spoke, he whispered: "What can a layman write?"

  Ning Xiusi took a deep breath, too lazy to argue anymore.

  "Hey, it's so busy early in the morning?" At this time, an elderly voice came, and the office immediately became quiet for a while. Then everyone looked at the old man at the door and called "Editor-in-Chief."

  Zhang Deming walked in from the door with his hands behind his back. A pair of thick black-framed glass reading glasses hung on a woolen cord around his neck. When he was at the door, he heard the argument between Ning Xiusi and Zhou Wei. After entering the door, Zhang Deming did not pay attention to the conflict between the two people. Instead, he stretched out his hand towards Ning Xiusi and said curiously: "What manuscript, let me take a look." 

Zhang Deming served as the editor-in-chief of the newspaper when it was first founded. He served for many years in the newspaper.

  Very prestigious.

  After receiving the letterhead, Zhang Deming sat directly on the public lounge sofa in the office. He put on his thick reading glasses and carefully read the press release written by Zhang Yang in his hand.

  The attention of everyone in the office was also attracted by Zhang Deming, especially Zhou Wei.

  Zhou Wei didn't believe that a random layman on the street could do the job of a reporter. He couldn't help but feel complacent in his heart. In his mind, he had almost imagined how Ning Xiusi would be educated by the editor later.

  In about ten minutes, Zhang Deming had finished reading Zhang Yang's manuscript. He placed the manuscript on the glass coffee table, took off his reading glasses, looked at Ning Xiusi, and asked: "Where did you get this press release?" Ning Xiusi: "It was the human trafficking case I contacted yesterday. One of the parties concerned, because she still has a foot injury, is not able to come to our newspaper office for interviews, and her home is not convenient for outsiders to come and go, so she asked me on the phone to write it herself and have it delivered this morning. Come to the newspaper office."

  Before Zhang Deming could say anything, Zhou Wei intervened: "You agree when she says she writes it? We are a professional newspaper, do laypeople understand?" 

"Of course." 

Zhou Wei: "Of course... ..."

  Shit, the last sentence of Zhou Wei's mantra has not been uttered yet, because he now realizes that the person who just spoke is Zhang Deming.

  Zhou Wei looked at the old editor in shock, the look of disbelief clearly evident on his face.

  Zhang Deming sat on the sofa, took out the cheapest cigarette on the market from his bag, and lit one, "This article is well written, both from the perspective of the victim and from assisting the police in solving the case." The writing is very immersive from the perspective of the parties involved. The wording in the entire manuscript is not intense or exaggerated, but it can lead readers into the crime scene at that time and be immersed in it. The details in the manuscript can also be obtained from the police. The information obtained is consistent, the writer does not exaggerate at all, and pursues truth. This is a press release that does not need to be revised.

  The most important thing for us journalists is to report truthfully. We should not jump to conclusions on anything that has not been confirmed by ourselves. Our manuscripts will be published in newspapers and will be widely read by the people, and our views will subtly influence many people. This is our ability and our responsibility. At any time, journalists should remember to seek truth from facts and not jump to conclusions. "