20

Is there anything to do? Other than staring at the ceiling all day and watching some of the solution dripping down the small pipe

A sigh of frustration left my mouth making me sit and rest my head on the headrest.

My eyes wandered around the room to see if i can indulge myself for some time, and my eyes landed on the TV remote beside my bed side.

No interesting shows were showing up on the TV instead so I just settled for some songs, not the particular one i could vibe on but still fine. Tolerable.

Someone entered my room, it was Sameer, "Radha" he mumbled. I raised my brows in curiosity.

"usse hosh aagya" (he gained his consciousness) the moment the words left his mouth, a smile appeared on my face and all I wanted was to see him this instance.

"Take me to him. Please" I excitedly said.

Shardul's room was more huge than mine and it was kept on full AC, my body freezed the moment I entered the ICU room of his.

He was lying there wrapped up in bloodied bandages and I could see him wave two fingers at me with a weak smile on his face.

This idiot.

He thinks loosing his life over me is 'fun'. I walked to him and all i wanted to do right now was to slap him.

But I can't risk it so I just punched him slightly on his chest where he wasn't wounded.

He made a fake groan "oh it's paining Radha" he said, rubbing off his skin smoothly.

"How could you Shardul" tears started falling of my eyes.

"I wanted to keep you safe" he wiped off my the tears with his thumb and a small smile grazed his lips.

"That doesn't mean you would risk yours" I argued back, "Oh, don't be mistaken i would again do it in a heartbeat"

My mouth widened at him saying that.

"By the way, Radha lemme tell you" Sameer filled a glass of water and gave me, "He was acting all helpless and anxious when he didn't have you in his sight"

"You didn't have to tell her that" Shardul side eyed Sameer, "Why not, you stressed the fuck out of me. I'm complaining that to your girlfriend."

"Don't stress over me Shardul. Take care of yourself first" I shook my head and adjusted the movable bed to move upwards so that he can talk to us properly.

I needed to tell him about our pregnancy.

I took his hand in mine and kissed it making an eye contact with him.

What we had gone through in the last few days is horrendous and I hope no one ever goes through that ever.

Closing my eyes I felt all that what could be felt about the past, because now there was just me, Shardul and the new bundle of joy.

I took his hand and placed it on my stomach, while he just watched me with curious eyes and Sameer was having a smile on his face

"Shardul, this is a good news for both of us" I smiled and few tears of happiness formed in my eyes, "we are pregnant" a sob escaped my mouth and i crashed into hugging him.

"What? Oh my god" Realisation hit him and he wrapped me in a loose hug whilst, "Tell me you aren't joking" he said excitedly.

"No"

"We are going to make a family" I cupped his face and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I wish I wasn't like this, I want to celebrate this with you" he bit his lower lip.

"Don't worry, you will be fine soon" I brushed his hair with my fingers, "and we can still celebrate this now and everyday"

"You made me the happiest person in this whole world Radha" he said holding my face in his large hands and I couldn't stop smiling.

Soon the doctors arrived at Shardul's place for his checkup.

"I see Ms. Radha is already here" Dr. Mishra said.

The nurses checked Shardul's vitals and the doctors asked the nurses to change his dressing.

And hence, the nurses asked us to leave.

Both of the nurses were girls around my age and they would be all alone with Shardul.

Before heading out of the ICU, I went towards Shardul , "isn't there any male nurse in this hospital" I said pouting my lips.

"There might be" he said smiling, knowing very well I was jealous.

"Then ask them to do your dressing not these nurses" i said folding my arms and pouting even more

"What if I want them to do my dressing"

Is he for real?

"Okay, who am I to intervene anyway" the pregnancy hormones already started to show up by giving him those nakhres or was I always like this?

"Radha tumhara hi toh haq hai daqal Dene ka" (Radha it is your right to intervene) he said holding my wrist and bringing me closer to him.

"If you want me to change the nurses then just tell me. You have all your rights over me Radha, remember that" he tucked the loose tendril that was falling on my face and placed a forehead kiss, "I'm equally yours as much as you are mine"

My heart fluttered at what he said, "Dr. Mishra can you please arrange male nurses for me?" Shardul asked.

"Apparently my girlfriend doesn't like me around other females" he teased me and Dr. Mishra just shook his head with a smile on his face, "Sure"

"Also please make sure they aren't-" i don't know if I should say this but here it is"-they aren't gay" my cheeks had turned hot.

"So much possessiveness, Radha?" Shardul mumbled, "I didn't know my Radha was a control freak" he laughed.

"Shutup"

By saying that i headed out and soon the male nurses arrived and started Shardul's dressing.

After talking to doctor, he told that Shardul needs to be on bedrest for the next three months and he can be discharged by next week.