The Rejection

"Ughh" I sit up straight on my bed grunting and breaking the nineth alarm clock this month. "Shit" not one more. I need to save up money damn it. Well, being the runaway I was, my parents were still trying to help me with the money thing. They sent me money for my basic requirements. That said, I couldn't completely depend on their money for life. Could I? No fucking way. So, I even started working part time in a nearby cafe.

******

After a long day at school and cafe, I finally get back to my so-called home. Scratch that, a damn uncomfortable space with one hella hard fuck of a bed that makes sure to give you either a back pain or a freaking shoulder pain with a fucking bonus of neck pain. Long story short, I am a Beta's daughter. What do expect? After living a royal life at the pack house and being treated like some fragile princess, as a matter of fact 'bullied for being weak' thing aside, I had a comfortable and cuddlable bed and provisions to look at the bright side at least. And the worst part was I couldn't get a wink of sleep past this month due to which breaking the alarm clock has become a damned routine.

Ready for another sleepless night I try to shift on my bed for the fourteenth time. Yes, I am keeping the count since I will have to make up to that Alpha of fuck who is the damned reason for my suffering here. He could have rejected me in a better and sweeter way at the least.

Suddenly my phone starts vibrating and I reluctantly do the favor of picking it up. I read the caller ID 'Annie'. I pick up the call.

"Hey Emmy!" she chirps.

"Oh, hey Annie. What's up? I ask.

"Hey wait. Don't tell me you have forgotten." She speaks.

Holly shit! How could I have forgotten her birthday, it's the day after.

"Do you think I could forget the birthday of my best friend just like that?" I try to sound nonchalant of the fact that I had really forgotten.

"It's fine Esmeray, I know you have a lot going on there. If not for my shitty brother who decided to reject you. Seriously, I hate him myself." She offers.

Did I mention that she was the sister of my ex-mate. On the day he rejected me in front of the whole pack, she alone was the one who stood in front of him calling him stuffs and saying how she hated him for doing this to me. And she alone dared to do it, not a member of my family, not my mom, not my dad, not Arthur my elder brother, not Jason's dad, not his mother, not a fucking soul dared to ask him, stand up for me, except for her. She is the best friend everyone needs. And Tyler, he had tried to intervene, was however stopped by Jason's Alpha voice.

"Now, now, I called you to remind you, or maybe invite you to the party, I am turning eighteen right, so... I wish you would be there. Oh, if you don't wanna come it's fi-"

"I'll be there, Ann." I cut her.

"Are you su-"

"You heard it Ann. Now take care. Bye." I hang up.

I couldn't run from facing him. It would hurt of course. But it's fine. I need to show him what he turned me into. Moreover, it was her eighteenth birthday, and I couldn't be slacking off. She even went to an extend of ignoring his existence for the whole time. I really feel bad for spoiling. their cute brother-sister love. I even offered her to speak to him, but it's Annie we are talking about, she is one stubborn girl when it comes to relationships.

*******

"I Alpha Jason Huntsman of the Blue Moon Pack reject you Esmeray Woodsmith of the Blue Moon pack as my mate."

My knees felt weak and my whole body wanted to tremble under that invisible force. My heart felt like shattered into a hundred pieces, my head started throbbing like hit by a hundred-pound rock. Well, expected of the great Alpha of a jerk to reject the so-called weakling of the pack.

"What the hell Jason? What the fucking hell was that for? Alpha my ass, you are a dumb fucking idiot. Did you think that, that bitch is better than Esmeray?" Ann cries angry tears pouring down her eyes, her posture completely disheveled.

The pack Warrior and Head Trainer, Tyler and my only other friend in the pack starts to speak, "You might be the Alpha but rejectin-"

And is cut down when Jason roars in his Alpha voice "Everyone shut the fuck up, I am the Alpha and I make the rules."

But I did not let the scene unfold the way this arrogant fool of an Alpha wished.

I lifted my chin, straightened my back, with a hint of a smirk playing on my lips, I said much more arrogantly "I Esmeray Woodsmith of Blue Moon Pack except the rejection of Alpha Jason Huntsman of Blue Moon pack."

At that moment his hands start trembling from the pain rejection causes. And his face showed clear site of confusion, pain and surprise. Why? Because the way his hands and knees trembled and the way his face scrunched due to the pain the rejection had caused him the same thing I went through, the weakest and the wretched in the pack, without even showing any sign of pain on my face let alone tremble. I stood straight, staring blankly at him, hatred evident in my eyes. But remembering the pain, it hurt, it hurt like hell, like my body being torn apart from my soul. No one should go through that.

Suddenly I jerk awake, I feel the tears role down my cheeks. Why didn't my dad stand up for me? Why?
My family knew that their Alpha wasn't being fair, that whatever path he had chosen was wrong.

And you know what? He even announced Selena the bitch, I mean that's not her name, I call her that, as the chosen Luna of the pack right before my eyes, in my birthday ball, the very moment we realized that we were mates, and then chose to reject me then and there.

======

Phew, finally chapter two. Who knew it would be so hard to express rejection.
Vote, comment and follow.