Chapter 2

Navier took a bite of a piece of steak, as mystery hands cut the steak into small pieces.

"I was told that you found a slave during your hunting trip and brought her back..." Navier said, causing the hands to pause. "Is it true?"

Opposite of her, sat Sovieshu.

"Ah, where did you hear that from?" He asks.

"Where I heard it from isn't important, so, is it true?" Navier asks again, as Sovieshu stayed silent.

"Your majesty?"

"Enough, we have a mere two meals together each week, there must be many other topics we can discuss, is that so important right now?" Sovieshu asks, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

'Ah.' Navier thought.

That tone is a warning.

Navier took a sip of her wine.

It means I should in no way, shape, or form question him any further.

"Speaking of, Y/N is almost at the age of attending school, correct?" He asks.

"Yes, her birthday is almost coming soon, I was thinking of doing the New Year's Eve Banquet mixed with hers." Navier said.

"Hmm...that could work, after all, New year is a great fortune for those who are growing up these days." Sovieshu said.

~~~

Navier then rested on the couch, looking dazed.

"As expected..." Eliza said.

"Something's amiss..." Laura said.

"Your majesty..."Eliza started, gaining her attention, as she and Laura draw's near. "Did his majesty say something?"

"No, he just...didn't have much to say about the matter." Navier said, looking down.

"Hmm..." The two ladies hummed, with an angry expression, but quickly changed into a soft and gentle expression towards Navier.

"If he hadn't said anything, I'm sure you wouldn't look as gloomy as you do, your majesty." Eliza said.

"It's okay! Please tell us, your majesty, so we can be prepared as well!" Laura said.

"His majesty said the girl was accidentally caught in one of his traps, he said she's not a runaway slave, and that he only brought her back to make sure she's nursed back to full health as it was only proper that he did, but he was also displeased that I continued to ask about it." Navier explained.

"What?!" Laura shouted, as fire come out of her mouth, startling Navier, while Eliza tried to calm her down.

"Now, now." She said, patting her shoulder.

"Your majesty! That's exactly how my father behaved in the early stages of his affair, No ifs ands or buts about it! That's exactly how men behave early on when they begin to cheat!" Laura said, as she growled, clenching her fists. "And one of the telltale signs is when they became defensive and begin to raise their voices! If he's only doing what's proper, what could possibly displease him about discussing the matter?!"

The door of them room opened, making them look in the direction, to see Y/N walk up to Navier.

"Mama, mama!" She said, as Navier gaze softened, as she watched her daughter walk up to her, and plop her onto her lap.

"Y/N, how are you? Did you eat, yet?" Navier asks, as Y/N shake's her head.

"Uh-uh, I was following papa around." She said, as Eliza knells on the girl's level.