Chapter 6

This must be the limit to my generosity, "We have the same husband"? "And that make's me Y/N's step-mother"? And what? "Big sister and step-daughter"?

"No." Navier answered.

"...Pardon?" Rashta asks, as she began to whimper and sob. "Do you...do you dislike me? Is that why?"

"It has nothing to do with liking or disliking you, in the first place...that you have become his mistress doesn't mean we have become sisters, and neither does it make you Y/N's step-mother."

Rashta backed away as she took a glanced at the ladies-in-waiting, causing her to gasp, as they all glare at her.

"Get out." Navier ordered.

~~~

"I think the Empress hates me." Rashta sulked, laying her head on the desk.

"What? Why?" Baron Lante asks.

"She said...that I;m only his majesty's mistress, not her sister, and that I'm not the Young Miss's step-mother, so I'm not allowed to call her "Big sister" or Y/N my "Step-daughter", she hates me, I'm sure of it, or is that how it normally is?" Rashta asks, making Baron Lante sweatdrop.

"Lady Rashta...you couldn't have possibly...did you go see her majesty and lady Y/N...?" He asks, sweating and laughing nervously. "You couldn't have.."

"Yes!" She answers.

"Oh, no..."

"Why? I'm not supposed to?"

"Well...not exactly...it's just the Empress and you are in antithetical positions, as well as Lady Y/N." He said. 'How should I explain this...?'

"Why? We both have the same husband now, don't we?" Rashta asks, making him shocked.

'Good heavens, I'm sure you didn't....' He thought. "Bur...you didn't say that to her majesty, did you?"

"Of course, I did!"

Baron Lante then drop his paper's in shock, before putting a hand on his forehead. 

'Oh...oh dear me!'

~~~

Navier was out walking with Y/n as a feather fell towards them.

"Hmm? A feather?" Navier wondered.

Flapping is then heard, causing them look behind them, as a beautiful yellow-golden bird with purple eyes, landed on a tree branch,

"...A bird?" 

Y/N eyes sparkle at the beautiful creature.

'How beautiful...' Navier thought, as she hesitated to touch it. "Will it allow me to touch it?"

The bird blinked, looking at her, causing her to halt, as it tilt it's head. It then flap it's wings towards her.

"...Oh?'

It lands on her hand, as pet's it.

Is it some noble's pet bird?

It noticed Y/N as it leaned down and rub it's feather's against her face, making her laugh.

"Oh." Navier said, as she noticed the letter tied to it's leg. "A note..."

She unties it and read it. It say's 'I am a guest from abroad who will soon, arrive at the new year's ceremony, and I write this note while drunk'. At that moment, Navier chuckled, as Eliza and Laura walked over to them.

"Your majesties?" Eliza asks.

"It's a bird, and it's massive." Laura said.

They began to squeal at the beautiful animal, as Y/N pet's it.

"Isn't it absolutely darling? Did it bring you a letter?" Eliza asks.

"Oh, but you must write back at once!" Laura said.

"Shall I?" Navier asks.

She then get a small piece of paper and write's it on the table. It said 'Your bird has found its way to me and my daughter. If it is able to find its way back, I shall be relieved, for it means it must be cleverer than its inarticulate drunk master'.

"All right, here is my reply." Navier said, trying the letter to it's leg until it run against her hand. "Oh my."

"It's so charming, I think the bird has taken a fancy to you, your majesties!" Eliza squealed.

"Yes! Isn't t mazing how it only clings to her majesties?" Laura squealed.

The bird then began to fly away, as Navier and Y/N watch.

"Be careful and don't lose your way." She said.

The bird continued to fly, until it lands and shapeshifts into a man with blonde hair and purple eyes, as he unties the letter from his fingers and read it.

"So it seems I must cleverly find my way back to you if I want to see you both again, My Queen and Princess." He said.

To Be Continued~