Chapter 62 - Explain Yourself (2)

As Valentina walked away, she could hear Rio ask in a calm voice, "Val? Who was that talking to you?"

"A friend that I'm staying with ahahaha." Valentina nervously laughed as she went back into her room.

"Who's the friend?" Rio's voice became calm.

Valentina considered lying, but there was no need. After all, Rio had been there when she had met Kaiser.

"Kaiser Grayson."

"What do you mean Kaiser Grayson?? Huh? Explain yourself. Why is he talking to you first thing in the morning?"

"Hmm, it happened one way or another. It's not any of your business so let's skip it. Moving on, do you have anything else to tell me? If not, I have things to do."

"What things are you doing? I told you to stay inside the house. And explain 'it happened one way or another'" Rio yelled.

"Maybe another time. Anyway, I got it. If you're done yelling I'm dropping off."

"Wait, wait. One last thing. We plan on releasing the second MV tonight. And the extended edition video tomorrow. As part of the extended edition, there are clips of us...cough." His voice sounded embarrassed as he coughed to hide his word."

"Clips of us what?" Valentina asked in confusion.

".....napping. The director happened to record us when we were sleeping on the couch, and she thinks the fans will really enjoy it since the music videos are a bit dark. I wanted to warn you ahead of time since the scene seems really ambiguous. I will of course warn our fans to behave, but sometimes they don't listen. I really apologize to you in advance."

Valentina: "...... am I allowed to say please don't release it?"

"Hah, no unfortunately not. All clips are released at management's discretion. Fans are asking for a happy ending even though both the songs are quite dark so they want to give them some closure. Something to that effect."

"Ughhhh Rio. When was this decided? Why are you only just telling me this?" Valentina complained.

"It was decided today which is on of the reasons I called you so early." Rio quietly chuckled.

"Ugh, fine. Well then thank you for telling me. I am dropping off now. I have to mentally prepare myself."

"You do that. And remember, don't go outside-" She immediately hung up to stop his nagging while snickering to herself. For someone who was barely older than her, he sure acted like a concerned father.

Once she hung up, Valentina immediately threw herself onto the bed, wrapped herself in covers, and began reading the comments on the music video as she rewatched it.

Most of them were admiring the visuals, especially of Rio but a few of them were actually supporting her and cheering her on which brought a smile to her face. As for the negative comments, she directly ignored them. Her acting might be bad now, but she would continue to improve given time.