Chapter 21: The Winter Soldier Returns

At the Avengers Compound Y/N was with Natasha and he sighed.

Y/N: I don't need a babysitter Nat.

Natasha: I know you don't.

Y/N: And secondly, I don't need to put under house arrest.

Natasha: It was not my decision.

Y/N: You're scared of me that much.

Natasha: I'm not scared of you.

Y/N looks at her with his arms crossed.

Y/N: Really cause that what it feels like.

Natasha: Y/N, please... This is only temporary.

Y/N just chuckles and walks off.

Natasha: I need to go. I'll be back. Please, don't do anything reckless.

Y/N: Can I at least invite a friend over?

Soon after Y/N answers the door and sees Stan Lee.

Stan Lee: Hello, Y/N.

In Berlin, A police convoy drives beside the river Spree. Amidst the convoy is a gray armed truck. Inside Bucky wears restraints inside a prison pod. Three armed guards sit on the other side of the glass-walled pod. A police motorbike stops traffic, and a van driver looks affronted. The convoy turns a corner onto a bridge across the river. In an SUV T'Challa sits in front of Steve who sits in front of Sam.

Sam: So, you like cats?

Steve: Sam.

Sam: What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?

Steve: Your suit... it's Vibranium?

T'Challa: The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

Steve is stony faced as the convoy heads underground. In a light gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve gets out of the SUV and glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him. With Sam and T'Challa Steve approaches Sharon who's standing with a diminutive, gray-head man.

Steve: What's gonna happen to him?

Ross: Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition.

Sharon: This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander.

Steve: What about our lawyer?

Ross: Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt.

Sam: I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that.

As they go Steve looks back and catches Bucky's eye. On a covered sky walk Ross walks with the group.

Ross: You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?

T'Challa: I don't intend on going anywhere.

Natasha: For the record, this is what making things worse looks like.

Steve: He's alive.

They see Tony on the phone.

Tony: No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup.

Natasha: Try not to break anything while we fix this.