five, I guess

Five AM. Erwin can hear Mia is already up. Makes sense since she went to bed early last night. He gets out of bed and stretches his arms, his back cracking in the process. He goes straight to the bathroom to wash his face, shave, and brush his teeth. Once he is done, he goes downstairs to find Mia watching full house again, no surprise. He sighs to himself and walks into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. Erwin can hear Mia walk over as he's pouring coffee into the filter, she stands right next to him on her toes so she can better see the counter.

"Are you making poop juice?" She asks casually. Erwin is caught off guard by her phrasing of the question and looks down at her, confused.

"...What?"

"Poop juice." She says now switching her gaze from his hands up to his face.

"Poop juice?" He scowls and she giggles, nodding her head.

"You mean coffee?" Erwin asks, confused on why she's calling it poop juice. She just nods again.

"It's poop juice because it smells like shit" she says with a little grin on her face. Erwin freezes. What did she just say?

"Mia. Don't swear. Who taught you that?"

"Nobody. I learned on my own!" she says, proudly. Erwin sighs and continues what he's doing.

"Well, yes, Mia I am making coffee," He emphasizes as he is not a fan of the term she is choosing to use. She stands there and watches as he finishes putting the grounds into the coffee maker and then stares at his face for some reason. Erwin doesn't know what to do so he stares back at her before asking about her strange behavior.

"Is there something you need?" She just shakes her head no, still staring at him. He stays quiet for a moment, not sure how to react.

"Are you hungry? You need to eat something." She shakes her head no again, still staring.

"What are you thinking about, Mia?"

"Nothing" She responds, her eyes going wide. Once again, she's proven she's not a good liar, that's good for Erwin, he supposes.

"You sure?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. She nods and turns to walk away.

"Not so fast, you need to eat something." He says, causing her to turn around.

"I don't want to eat."

This is probably the same issue as yesterday. She said eating is 'too hard', Erwin isn't sure what exactly that means but knows that eating with her helps.

"I'm going to eat too, we can eat together, okay?" He says, glancing at her as he begins to prepare some oatmeal for them.

Mia nods reluctantly but ultimately agrees, "Okay..."

"Mia, I have to go to work today, you will be coming with me."

He looks over at her and she gives him a confused expression.

"Work? At your military man job?" she asks, staring at me again.

"Yes. I will be taking you with me to base. You will have to stay in my office all day if I can't find a place for you to stay so maybe get some things that could keep you entertained."

"Like what?"

He's about to list off several things when he realizes she doesn't have toys yet.

"Maybe some paper and pencils? Do you like to draw?"

"Yeah, I do. Drawing is fun. Do you have paper here?"

"I have a notebook you can use and pens and pencils of course."