TVD - 02

JASVANTHYA

The world might sink, and still, the tallest that would stand?
Will be Samaira. No doubt.

Beauty can be blinding, can be alluring, can be charming. But hers?
Samaira's beauty was suffocating. It held my lungs hostage when she blessed her presence in the room.

It wasn't the second time I saw her if physical presence isn't the case to be submitted, every night ever since. I have met her.

She was fierce with her words, aware of her words and what she was articulating in her chosen words. One that suggested I was lower than any for her, given I rightfully behold no place?
She tossed her darts at my chest and spoke so profoundly of her real feelings.

And met my eyes, one that widened in shock, the moment they beheld me. Confusion was framed within me, was it her hatred for what she had witnessed to be her husband?

She masked her emotions and turned her eyes back on her hands, she sighed, turning her head and met her mother's standing in the further end of the corner. She carefully evaluated her mother's entire disposition, before she returned her vigil to my periphery,

“I am bewildered, purpose of bringing me here? When clearly, I can't choose my suitor? And neither can he, given he is sufficing his brother's error?” She spoke disgruntled before she took her stand back.

“I am to serve, right? Just inform me, of the time and place. I am supposed to. I will be present.”

Serve?

It's a disarray, one that I couldn't untangle.
Life of solving puzzles created by Daharthya's impulse. He finally managed to fetch another puzzle that I couldn't solve. Samaira.

She turned around, about to leave. I wanted to hold onto her, but her cutthroat words and her hurt towards what she have been pushed into? I was pinned on my throat with a painful nail that shattered my vocals.

How can a marriage that started with miscommunication ever go in a spiral of betterment?

*******

SAMAIRA

It's been a while since I was informed of the man I finally decided to marry. Jasvanthya Purshottam Rajput.
I have sat inside the library, with my piano.

I have played soft tunes and felt myself in a place I have never visited with my music before.
Today is the day, Daharthya Rajput will announce his marriage with some other woman.
And I am to visit them, as fiancé of his youngest brother.

The pressure to show a broader shoulder, one that would accumulate that I am not defamed in any case. To hold face.
But my entire concern wasn't facing those who would matter the least when I took my last breath. What has clogged me is the man I am supposed to be holding hands with my true last heartbeat.
A question of, will my heart ever truly beat?

But yet again, my heart has never beaten for any purpose before anyway.

~

The backdoor of the ballroom was open, from where the guests were supposed to enter.
My hand rested on Somvarth's arm, while he chauffeured me to the party, my father ahead of us.

The driver drove the car past from the lane. My watch raised to catch the visions of how man was resting upon me, to evaluate if I was puffed because of my overnight cries. But shedding tears is a deed done by those who are affected.

I smiled brighter when I met eyes with this impostor of regulations!
Coming to the open gate, the entrance of the ballroom. I witnessed Jasvanthya standing, personally welcoming the guests, with bright smiles and joining hands with those who merited that respect.