TVR - EPILOGUE

1 year later ~

EKVARTHYA

She had been standing afar in the room, looking at the mirror for the last ten minutes. I didn't disturb her, she could carve all her insecurities in that mirror. But I only see what I love, in the reflection.

She avoids all the social standing, thinking she is not worth the attendance, and I want to showcase in the world who Jinitya, my Jyoshna is, but somewhere I let her win the battle.

Because I am that selfish man, who wants his moon for himself.
I won't mind her not stepping outside, though her reasons are wrong, I won't stop her.
Because knowing her in the last 1 year as much I have. She is the type of person, who doesn't search for shoulders. She paves her own path in silence.

Finally, after a year of settling down the death and ruckus of that old buffalo, by taking the help of Agnivanshi.
We are ready to announce that Jinitya and I are going to get married.

People don't even know who I am marrying, everyone in Rajput families believes that we are married, and the Agnivanshi knows her as my wife too.

But we never really took the phrase together, we never really sat in the mandap together. We never took vows.
It was only to justify why a woman lives with us, and why? We are so desperate to protect her.
We had spread the lie of our marriage.

Today also, Jinitya insisted repeatedly, she wanted a conserved wedding. She didn't want to invite guests, because she didn't want to show her face.
We had a disagreement about why must she hide herself.

But she won me because at the end of the day when you look at her face, you can't either think straight or raise your voice. Her eyes alone demand to nod on her every wish.

She finally dropped her glare from the mirror, and sat down in front of the desk, opening the drawer and looking inside the drawer in one long blink.

I waited for another clock's sprinting before she removed the white cloth from the drawer.
It took me a moment to remember it was the same piece she had torn and thrown on Naresh's face.

I stepped inside the room, and Aayatee was sound asleep on the bed, taking a step over there, I adjusted the blanket on her, before I turned to Jyoshna, and squatted on her level with the drawer cabinet of her dresser.

She blinked, "At that moment I kept
"Growing up, I was thirteen years old. My father used to be halwai (chef) for functions. Me and my sisters, my mother everyone helped him for preparing the food on a large scale in functions.
And among those helping hands, I was the one who used to take the raw puri ingredients that my mother used to roll to my father who used to fry them in hot oil. I was a bit childish, fumbling always. Never knew the next time I will falter, the mark will remain on me for the rest of my life!" Her words left me shutting my eyes.

The distress of her that day, for the briefest moment, buzzed into my body. My veins pitch at the thought.
"That mark was the reason, why I was thrown in the cruel hands. My burnt status at the moment didn't bother Naresh, he didn't hate the sight. Until I was under his body for the first time.
For putting the sheet on my face that day to his end day, he only wanted me covered whenever I was under him."

"And you didn't see the nuisance in me in the beginning but similarly that moment I kept the white cloth thinking I would give it to you because you insist you want to marry me, but when we will be together? You will need it to cover my face like he did because he couldn't tolerate it." She suddenly admitted, my eyes immediately opening with slight anger.

I stared at the rug piece and then at her. The pain she must have felt under the suffocation of this dirt piece and that shitty man, somewhere she believed I would be similar? Both thoughts twisted me into insanity but yet again, the person sitting in front of me. Her eyes alone can stop wars.

"But in this last one year, you have represented me a million ways to describe my flaw in the most beautiful way. One can declare the word of appraisal. You have made me feel them. Many mirrors I have seen in my life growing up, and hated every single burn in me, my own reflection urged me to hide my face. But I stared at myself for ten minutes today, and yet your spoken words were the only emotions I felt watching my face," She said. "You spoke so profoundly of me? I have started to love myself! The same way I deem for you,"

Her love declaration.
I smiled, "I always thought, I was vicious and devilous. I was ugly and would remain so for everyone, I hide my eyes to many because I thought I wasn't worth the glance, but world will have to succumb to me, and I will straight stare at them because even being the most brutal vicious man? I own the most beautiful person!
I kept the rug down, "Let's burn it in the fire today together?"

Burning the last piece of her past. Before we start the anew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~