Chapter 5

As soon as I arrived at the hotel room, I plopped down on my bed as always and went on my phone. I texted my brother and told him that I just ate and met a few people.

Ryouta: WHO DID YOU MEET?

Ryouta: HAVE YOU NEVER LEARNED ABOUT STRANGER DANGER??

Rika: ok first of all, chill wtf.

Rika: second of all i met Yuki Ishikawa

Seen

It took a good 10 minutes before I messaged again.

Rika: uhh onii-san?

I suddenly got a facetime call from Ryouta. I answered the call, making me worried.

"Ryouta. Are you ok-" I got cut off by my brother, screaming.

"YOU MET WHO??" He screamed, making me pull away from the phone.

"It's nice to see you too, onii-san." I said, nonchalantly.

He started screaming gibberish at me before I threatened him that I'll hang up on him.

"Okay okay..Just- What? Why? HOW??" He finally asked.

I slowly start to explain what happened. Asked a guy for a restaurant recommendation, turned out to be an Italian volleyball player, also turned out to play with Yuki, and also invited me to eat with them.

My brother had his mouth wide open the entire time. I looked at him weirdly but couldn't blame him since Yuki has been his idol for the longest time.

Also Ran's.

I shook the memory out of my head and focused on my brother.

"So.. you got to meet THE Yuki Ishikawa." He sobbed.

I nodded, feeling bad and weirded out at the same time.

After a while, he calmed down and started asking me about my stay. He asked me a few questions about the workshop and the people since I couldn't tell him because of 'reasons'.

"So, have you met up with Ran yet?" He asked, a sense of hope was evident in his voice.

I shook my head.

"No? Why not? When we were in high school, you'd be excited to see him. I even thought you guys were more like siblings than we are." He stated.

'Ouch. Even my brother thought we looked like siblings.'

My brother didn't know I had a crush on his used-to-be best friend. I never told anyone and I think it drove me a bit insane.

Maybe not a bit.

"Yeah, well that was before.. I'm older now and we all grew apart so I think it's a bit awkward.." I said, honestly.

One part of me wants to call Ran and say that I missed him. Not as a high school crush but as a person. As a friend.

The other half just wants to run away because it also hurts to see him doing so well without me and my brother. I know it sounds petty, because we knew he'd be busy but I wished he could've send one text or a phone call at least.

'That's in the past Rika.. Let it go.'

My brother sighed and just nodded his head.

"Fine.. but really, just see him one time. Do it for me." He pleaded.

I groaned.

"Why?" I asked, feeling a bit irritated.

"Rika." He said, sternly.