Ch-24

Shio sat in his car, on his way to heritage club feeling murderous.
Not only his enemies had stirred up speculations about him and his company but had gone overboard, stealing his stuff.
He would kill them all, he thought with boiling rage, searing his mind.

He was back in the small dark room, surrounded by unfamiliar and menacing faces, peering down at him with maliace.
This time he was not afraid.

They were the elite of Pavel, who had decided to send him back to Korea considering his good knowledge of business and a spark of ambition.

They had forged him into a weapon with constant training in combat and education and now he was to repay, doing the drug business disguised as something else on their behalf.

'Anton, don't disappoint us, we are your parents after all'

His forehead held the proof of his anxiety being filled with beads of sweat as he came back to his senses, leaving behind the lane of unpleasant memories.

Earlier, in the morning he been contacted by Pavel again.
They had mocked his work, his ability, for not handling the package with care and had threatened him with his life.
They had even mentioned Tsetseg.
He scoffed rolling down the window glass feeling suffocated.

As if he cared about death, it was inevitable.
He had been prepared for it since childhood, knowing very well what awaited him if he walked the path of revenge.

What about her? His mind whispered like a soft nudge in its walls, trying to break in some sense.
He loosened the tie around his neck, breathing quickly, the panick he felt today was new and unexpected.

Ever since she had arrived, his troubles had seemed less threatning, he had forgotten the dark side of his life, welcoming the blessing without even realising he had started to believe in blessings and magic.

If something was to happen to her, he didn't knew what calamity would befall everyone.
There was a growing fear in his chest, not for himself but her and for everyone around, if she was harmed.

He remembered the incident in the afternoon, her unrelenting stance and the truth in her eyes when she had offered to find the shipment.
He couldn't loose her, she was the only one pulling the sane strings of his mind, keeping him upright and moral.

'Tsetseg, what are you doing?'
He asked oh his phone wanting the solace of her voice in his ears, his very heart.

'Working, were are you?'
She said with curiosity, despite the nightmarish circumstances, he smiled at her inquiry.
She was getting better and better at work, she had proved so even today, extracting the truth out of that idiotic driver without much effort.
A gifted woman she was. How was he this lucky, he thought.

'I am on my way to the heritage club'
His voice had gone soft unknowingly, leaving a broad grin on his face.

'You don't want my services anymore? considering you left without me.'
There was no anger in her voice, he noted with relief but she definitely did sound disappointed.

'Tsetseg, it needs to be done for your own safety'
He tried reasoning with her, not without feeling guilty.

'What about your safety?'
His breath hitched with the intensity of emotions in her voice.

'Don't worry they can't kill me yet'
and suddenly remembering, her mysterious words he asked, 'What did you said to me earlier? Was it Mongolian?'

'I don't remember, must be an insult or a string of profanity'
He could picture her, scrunching her nose and shrugging her shoulders while rolling her eyes.