Calming

(Vita's POV)

Justin looked like he was settling down with more and more relaxing treatment. When the music switched to something with more energy, I caught his foot moving to the rhythm until I changed it back to calming music. The whole point to this is to have him relax on his own rather than tire him out which would be harder since he doesn't want to play just yet. He did seem to love the food I made for him earlier, but he hasn't shown any progress when I get near him by entering his room. The next thing I tried was putting my phone in front of him and having him watch some cartoons. I don't think he needs to understand what they are seeing to find this enjoyable. Soon, I did hear something coming from him that I think was laughter. When I went back to check on him, he didn't notice me at first until I got down and tapped the floor to get his attention for no surprise.

Vita-Hey there... Think I can come over and pet you a little? ~

I slowly and steadily got closer to him and he looked nervous but stayed in his bed to watch me. When I was close enough to pet him, I put my hand in front of him for a moment for him to sniff it or something. When I finally pet him, I felt him shiver a little, but he didn't run... Suddenly, he snapped and swiped at my hand. He didn't have any claws, so it was like being gently pawed to ask me to stop. Next, I tried to put a toy in front of him and it was the one he cuddles with on his bed.

Justin-*Yipe*!

He got really protective and possessive of his toy. He snatched it from me and put it back where I picked it from like it was lying down for bed.

Vita-Ok, no touching your favorite toy.

(Noah's POV)

I didn't want her to touch my new toy and maybe even take it like the adults do to 'share' the toys back home. She backed up and I watched her while stealing looks at the cartoon she put in front of me. I thought this was funny and almost like the Looney Toons show but with more aliens. She left and I felt like I could relax in bed to the music while watching the show. It's been a while since she came back with some more treats to put in my tiny puzzle dresser before she left... Chocolate sounded really good right now. I waited for her to leave before I went over to the dresser. The first few puzzles were easy and the chocolate was so good, but then... they got harder.

Noah-Ok, maybe over here... No... This thing clicks when you turn it and then has a big click, so I stop when that happens... I think.

I kept on trying to figure out the other puzzles, but nothing worked and this got so annoying that I quit... A chocolate ball was put on top of the dresser for me by the alien by surprise. I jumped a little and looked up to her before I took it and went back to bed. The music helped calm me down and even a little sleepy. I got in bed and under the blanket with my stuffed animal and it warmed up by itself and then got cooler somehow when I felt a little too hot. When I tried to go to sleep... I heard footsteps, so I opened my eyes to look up, but the blue alien was leaving with her phone. The feeling of this place being scary to me still didn't go away.

Noah's mind-... This bed and stuffed animal are cozy.

(Vita's POV)

Justin was going down for a nap and I didn't need to give him any form of sedatives. He even tried his puzzle toy dresser to get his treats, given he got stuck and angry. When I got on my phone, I saw some messages from Mom that I silenced to let Justin watch his show in peace. She wanted to know how things were, so I was honest with her about Justin... I got a call from her.

Vita-Hey Mom.

Mom-You have a pet now?! Do you have pictures?!

Vita-Well, he's a rescue and... here.