Chapter 3 ~ Amusement Park

My phone was ringing. I picked it up.

"Ms Diana, Complete the file of Mr. Thomas and their Company. It is a very big deal for us." A voice came from the other side.

"Yes sir! I'll complete it." I said.

The call was disconnected.

We celebrate Promotions but it comes with more work and responsibilities. My shoulders were in pain.

A soft, little hand landed on my shoulders and pressed them and gently squeezed them.

I thanked Natalie. She jumped and came in front of me. "Are you ready now?" She asked.

"For what?" I asked her.

She replied, "For an Amusement park! You promised me."

I was startled, "Oh Sorry Sweetie! But we can't go. I have some work. Please understand."

She was sad. I ordered a cheesecake to cheer her up.

Doorbell rang. I opened the door and took the delivery. I called her. She was doing homework.

She walked slowly into the drawing room while making sad faces. She sat on the couch.

I tore the packing and transferred the cheesecake to the plate. I hid the plate behind me and slowly walked towards her.

I said, "Are you still angry?"

She nodded.

"Will cheesecake work?" I said while putting the plate in front of her.

She joyously took it and ate a bite. She thanked me.

"Happy now?" I asked.

She was talking with food in her mouth.

I said, "Eat it first."

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I opened it and it was Charles.

He came inside and said, "Natalie, Are you ready?"

She said, "Yeahhh"

Charles held her hand and they went.

I confronted him. "Where are you taking her?" I asked.

He replied, "We will tell you later. Let's go, Girl!"

I said, "One Minute, I'm her Mom. You have to take my permission first."

He replied, "Then make me her daddy!"

"What?"

"Then I don't have to take your permission."

"You're changing the topic."

"Stop! We are getting late. Mumma, we are going to Amusement Park and don't worry I'll not run anywhere. I'll be a good girl, Promise." Natalie said.

"Any problem now?" He said, raising his eyebrow.

"No, Actually Yes! I'll come along with you two." I said.

"It will be more lovely. Mumma, Girl and Uncle will go to the Amusement Park together." He said.

" He said