Chapter 4 ~ A Deal

I was heading towards the conference hall. I had an important meeting in 10 minutes.

I was going to enter but my phone rang. I picked up the call and someone said, "Hello, Ms Diana. I have a good deal for you." That was a Man.

I replied, "May I know who is on the other side?"

"Oh Sorry! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Thomas Fletcher. An Estate Agent." He said.

I stated, "Yeah I remember. Aren't you the one who saved my life?"

"Yes. Ms. Diana. You have a good memory. Let's meet in the evening at 6 pm."

"Sure. In the Same Café." I said.

He agreed and I hung up the call.

At 6 pm

I went into the café. I was finding him and I spotted him sitting in the same place.

I greeted. "Yes, Ms Diana. Good Evening. I'm Thomas, Thomas Fletcher." He stated, extended hand.

I shook hands with him. "Salut Mr Thomas, Enchanté"
(Hello Mr Thomas, Nice to meet you.)
(The above line is written in the French Language.)

The waiter was waiting for our order. I ordered one cup of coffee.

The waiter said, "Sir? Your order?"

He shockingly saw the waiter and pulled his thoughts back. "Normal Water." He said.

He was sweating and his behaviour was weird. He went into the washroom and came back after 5 minutes.

"Let's come to the point." He said. "I am here for the best deal for you. I have a fully constructed building with five floors. If you are interested in this then I will talk to the owner."

"Sorry Mr Thomas. I can't afford it. It would be so expensive." I said.

It will be in your budget. Don't worry." He explained.

"Be clear." I sounded formal.

"20,000€ is a nice pay I guess." He said. This time his voice was vapid and empty.

"That's not possible. Is this a joke?" I exclaimed.

"Think once. I'll call you tomorrow again for the answer." He stated and left.

I drank the last sip of coffee and went home.

At home

I called Sarah. She picked up on the 4th Ring.

I apologised.

"It's okay honey." She spoke.

"Well, You were not at the office today."

"Oh, I went home early," I said.

"Do you want to say something?" She asked.

"No," I said.

She hung up.

I thought a little about the offer. It was not so expensive for me. I could apply to the bank for a loan and besides I had some FDs and savings. I decided to buy it. I wanted to make myself more busier. I wanted to overcome problems in my life. If I had bought that building, I could forget about Charles.

Next Day,
I called him. "Bonjour Mr Thomas." I initiated.

"Bonjour. What's your decision by the way?" He asked.

"I want to visit the place first," I answered.

"Pla- Place? I will send you pictures. There's no need to go." He startled. It was very suspicious.