Chapter 8 ~ Encounter with an old friend

Diana's POV

We were standing in front of the building. It was nighttime. I took a look at my watch. It was 7:22 pm.

"Soo," I said.

To this, he said, "So?"

I was out of words and I said Bye to him.

"See you soon," He said and went to his car. I held his hand as I wanted to tell him about that man.

"What now?" He said, raising his eyebrow.

"I want to tell you something." I spoke nonchalantly. Regret consumed my body.

"Okay, Say." He said and folded his arms around his chest.

"Ah- I was- yk- I was walkin-" I took a pause and breathed. Then I continued, "There was- a- a- strange- forget it."

"Just tell me. Feel free."

"I said Forget it."

"Diana, I will solve if you'll tell me." He said, trying to sound reliable.

"You know what Charles, I want to go home. Bye." I responded. I could watch his face turning into a disappointed bug.

"Okay, I'll go." He muttered.

"Wait." I said

"Decide what you want, Diana. Should I leave or stand here?" He nearly demanded.

"Car-keys?" I said.

"What?" He said, amused.

"Your car-keys?" I indicated him to look at my hand.

"Oh, I forgot." He spoke and took the car-keys from my hand.

I watched his car going away from the corner of my eye.

(At Home)
I opened the door and there was Natalie sleeping on the couch. I took her in my arms and landed her on her bed.

She is a little Diamond of my life. I could never afford losing my little Diamond.

She is answer to my existence.

I took her closer to my heart and squeezed her in my arms. Then I kissed on her forehead.

If she wasn't in this world then I wouldn't ever survive.

I went to sleep.

I was thirsty at 2 am. My hand reached the glass jar and it was running out of the water. I went in the kitchen to refill it.

I was half asleep. I didn't switch on the lights and walked in the dark. I took a bottle from fridge and was going out of the Kitchen.

To that, I suddenly heard someone opening the main door.

And It was open.

I was sweating hard.

I couldn't walk as my legs went numb.

Room was slightly lighted due to corridor lights.

That Man was standing in dark. He moved very slowly which was sending shivers all over my body.

He came in light and I was able to see his face. He was a CLOWN. A CLOWN! with strange makeup all over his face.

I couldn't recognize even if I saw him earlier.

He opened his mouth to laugh in his dangerous voice. His teeth were all canine, not like a normal human.

That thing scared the shit out of me.