Guilty pleasure reads you'll love ❤️‍🔥

February 14, 2024

Calling all Wattpad lovers! 🫶

Prefer your romances with a dash of danger, a sprinkle of spice, a touch of magic or simply love lovey-dovey stories? Well, Happy Valentine's/Galentine's Day to you — we've got you covered (and swooning and maybe clutching your pearls). 💞

We're diving headfirst into the swoon-worthy worlds of dark romance, spicy romance, romantasy, romcom and more. These are the stories where mysterious and forbidden love (ooh), sizzling passion (ahh), fantastical realms (woahh), and warm & fuzzy romance (awhhh) reign supreme — and we have just the Reading List for you.

Our Guilty Pleasures Reading List features some of your favorite trending stories that have become the heartthrobs of Wattpad reads all over BookTok. Don't know where to start? Take a look at our top picks below:

A Dangerous Bargain by Babezcanwrite

When successful realtor Adele is hand-picked to represent mysterious mafia don Milo, she must decide how far she's willing to go to protect her heart and her career when she finds herself falling deeper into his dangerous world. 

The Collector by DarlaCassic

Following a massive discovery at work, Mila, a brilliant historian, finds herself tangled up with a dashing collector, Ulrik, who quickly seems to want more from her than an antique and mysterious Viking sword.

The Deathsinger: Book 1 by heater0387

Like many low elves in the kingdom of Edresh, Morana was orphaned as a child during the war against neighboring Araphel. But Morana is more fortunate than most, and is taken to live in the palace as a companion to a captive princess, Astreia. She and Astreia become like sisters, and Morana nurses a tension-filled friendship with the sometimes cruel, but always charming High Elf Prince Tievel.

But even with the war over, all is not well in Edresh. A curse spreads through the land, raising ghouls and monsters and stealing the lives of the unborn. Yet it is ignored by the High Elf nobility, whose immortality renders such concerns beneath them.

To right the wrongs of long ago and prevent the world's unraveling, Morana must dive head first into the sort of danger she's always avoided and venture into Araphel with her friends. But the Reaper is always close behind, a constant reminder of both what Morana is and the impossible sacrifice she might be called upon to make...

The Hookup Pact by fleuresmell 

When Evelyn and her long-term enemy, star hockey captain Atlas, are forced to work together on a university media project, sparks fly as resisting their attraction becomes a far bigger challenge than their opposing opinions.

FLOAT by Kate Marchant

In order to fit in during her summer visit to a beachside town, Waverly must take swimming lessons from Blake, the moody (but gorgeous) lifeguard next door.

Watch Waverly & Blake's romance come to life in select theaters, digital and on demand now! 

Make yourself a cup of cocoa, cozy up in your bedroom, and dive into these sizzling stories.

Happy swooning, Wattpadders. 💋

-Wattpad HQ