Chapter 9 - Grey Eyes

.
.
.
.
Happy Reading guys 📖
.
.
.
.
.
Urvashi Pov :-

" Goodnight, Mitthu."

Mitthu????

What is wrong with this duo of father and son always giving me nicknames, i thought while starting at him.

Smiling awkwardly i asked,

" Baba Sa, Mitthu??"

He laughed and said,

" When you were three years old...you had a parrot...you used to imitate him...that's when i started calling you Mitthu...one day he flew away...you cried so much that day." I don't want to listen all this, I'm not ready to open my heart for him. Just nodding i left,

Why don't i remember anything about having a parrot,

And why is he calling me Mitthu now, he didn't bother himself in the past to even spare a glance.

I reached my chamber with Moti trailing behind, that rose is still in my hold, i walked to the nightstand, just beside my bed. Placing that rose on it.

Moti came with my night clothes, a thin white cotton wraps, changing into it while she brought my dinner, i sat on my couch, starring at my plate, Bhai Sa hasn't showed up since morning, not like I'm missing him because i want him to feed me. I thought sighing. I ate in silence, alone.

Mann Bhai Sa you're a liar, i wouldn't talk to you. Pouting as i laid down on bed, let it be, he doesn't have to be around me always. Tomorrow morning I'll visit him, I've never seen his chambers.

Moti retired to her attendants chambers, and here I'm tossing and turning, sleep is far away, the thought of reuniting with Veer made it impossible.

After a few moments, again feeling intoxication in my system, making sleep consume me, the side of my bed dipped.

A warmth engulfed my side, i snuggled more into it and slept peacefully.

Morning breeze woke me up, stretching my arm as i sat, long curtains still drawn, chilled air swooshing in my ears, sunrays entering through the gaps, today everything is different.

Yawning as i got down my bed, an unusual ache is all over my body, as if it was strained whole night, eyes still closed, walked to the bathroom to wash my face, taking a cotton cloth dipping it in water, wipping my face feeling a bit fresh, from the window an unknown flapping sound caught my attention,

A gorgeous appearance with a distinctive green forehead, fading into a teal blue that covers the nape, back, tail, and wings. The chest and underside of the wings and belly are a bright golden yellow.

Large black beaks and a black patch of feathers just underneath its beak. White patches of skin adorned with rings of tiny black feathers surround their eyes and cover much of the face.

A Macaw parrot.

Resting on my window, observing me as he softly squawk, blinking.

I sluggishly took steps towards my window, it's almost as tall as my arm, standing before it, slowly forwarding my forefingers to brush his green forehead, he was quiet watching my every move, closed his eyes as i touched his forehead, nuzzling adorably on my fingers.

Last night Baba Sa was talking about a parrot, he said the parrot flee from it's cage, where he must be now, well parrots can love more than hundred years, so he must be alive.

I was lost in my thoughts when this parrot spread his wings to fly, flapping his feathers, i tried to hold him but he was already out of my hold, smugness dripped he squawking laughed. These spiece are the most intelligent and talkative, the way just laughed proofs it.