6.) CALLEN

My father was furious when he saw Jaxon this afternoon. A few glasses were broken and a few papers scorched. Nothing new for some of Jaxon's actions. But lying in my bed I could not stand to think of what would happen to her. She was so cute today, like all the times I've seen her. I just wanted to eat her up. Drag her into my room, and toss her onto my bed. Hearing her squeal, me stalking my prey...

Jeez.  I needed to take another cold bath. I  willed myself to think about other things, and eventually, I gave up trying to sleep it off and climbed out of bed. I put on a pair of trousers and shrugged on a dark cloak. Slipping out of my room, I took the stairs two at a time to the gardens. Walking around the grounds calmed me most nights, but today I couldn't shake what I was feeling. I glanced at my favorite flower. I have them planted all over the castle grounds. The Lasiopisum was a beautiful bright, blue plant, but quite deadly. It reminded me of me and Jaxon.

Taking another lap through the grounds he caught sight of a small figure sitting on one of the benches. His heart pounded in his chest as he drew near. As he got closer he knew it was her. *His mate.*

I silently took a seat behind her and she jumped and then stilled, I almost thought she would have died right then and there. However, she stood up abruptly, took a deep breath, and then let out a very quiet, "I'm sorry." She was about to scamper away, but I quickly grabbed her wrist. I gentled my grip and pulled her a bit closer.

I stood and apologized, "I'm sorry if I startled you..." I waited as she stared up at me with those great big brown eyes. Goodness, her eyes were beautiful, I could stare at them all day. I rubbed my thumb along her tiny wrist as my eyes traveled down her body observing her pale skin and small curves that glowed in the moonlight. She was truly enchanting. And she smelled sweet, so very sweet it was intoxicating in the best ways. Her mouth opened and closed a few times before she offered me her name.

"Anna," she whispered into the night. My Anna. I knew then it was never possible for me to be with her. I had two options. I could see her, but she wouldn't be safe. Or I would just about never see her again and she would get to live a life she deserved. And right then I knew the choice I was about to make.

I lifted her delicate hand to my lips and pressed a gentle kiss on her hand. "You must go, Anna. It would be for the best. Follow me." She didn't protest, question, or resist as I led her throw the halls and toward the kitchen staff's passageways. She seems to hesitate for a moment before following behind me through the dark twists and turns.

I shrugged off my cloak, leaving my chest bare. I internally grinned as I felt her stare. I secured the cloak on her small frame and lifted the hood covering her face. It was huge on her but it would do. "You must go out from here and hide along the edge of the woods. It should only be for a little while it is almost morning. Those woods are safe enough for just tonight I assure you. Just before light you must travel through the streets and find somewhere to go. I don't doubt guards will be looking for you after dawn so you must be quick. Got that, darling?"

She gaped up at me before nodding meekly. She opened her mouth the speak but I wouldn't let her, "No questions, it would only make things harder. Just go and be safe. You're too sweet to be in a place like this." I turned her to the doorways and gave her a small nudge, encouraging her on. She took off into the night. I waited a moment before I went after her. I would not be getting any sleep tonight, but I would do anything to make sure that she was safe.