Chapter 5

(Grayson’s POV)

I woke up in the middle of the night, as usual, and couldn't sleep. I'm not sure when my eyes closed while reading a book, so I didn't wake up early tomorrow morning and I heard my name being yelled, which caused my eyelids to open. 

“Fuck” I immediately ran downstairs an looked at a furious Spohies standing in the middle with hands on her hips.

“When will that day come when you will wake up on time for fuck sake?” she screamed at me with a scowl on her face.

“Sorry, pls don’t kill me..Just give me 10 mins, I’ll be in front of you like this” I snapped my fingers and quickly left without hearing from her again. A devil Sophie is easy to deal with, but you don't want to cross a demon Sophie in the morning especially.

I changed into casual wear after taking a brief shower. With my hands still in my hair, I hurried downstairs to find Sophie waiting there with the door ajar. We hurried out without saying another word. The vehicle was prepared, with my driver and assistant sitting, and my four personal bodyguards in the other vehicle.

After about a 1.5-hour drive, Sophie hurried me through the back door to a room where my clothes and makeup artist were waiting for me. I changed into ripped jeans and a shirt with my movie's name on it really quickly. Following my makeup appointment, I left with Sophie and my assistant trailing behind me.

“Oh Grayson, you have become more handsome than last time I saw you” My director for the film I will be promoting stated as he gave me a strong hug, and I gave him an honest smile until an arm hugged me from the side. I turned to see the antagonist of the movie.

“Hey man, good to see you… finally the movie is releasing. I am so excited” He exclaimed as though he had won an Oscar. Although it's normal to witness this kind of behaviour when your first film is released, I wasn't bouncing all over the place that time. 

“Ya man, congratulations. I know you will be famous after this…You have done a great job” I genuinely said that he did fantastic work, and now it's up to the audience to decide if the movie is a smash or a bust. I hope this one does as well as my other films. I started meeting all the people who were part of the film until.

“Everyone, can we pls proceed to the hall? Media is waiting” A voice interrupted the gathering and the event presenter appeared before us, clad in a suit and holding a microphone. I nodded and grinned at him before making my way to the hallway. 

We all waited backside as the host introduced our movie for a few minutes on stage before inviting each of us individually to the stage. Our director and producer came in first, followed by the antagonist and then me. Everyone in the hall began to applaud and say things like "I love you," "you are amazing,", “marry me” and other similar phrases as soon as I walked onto the stage. 

“I am so thankful for you all to give me this much love. Thank you so much guys for coming” I said when I was handed a microphone, and at the end I planted a flying kiss that made all the girls in the room feel complimented and made the environment cheerful.

“Then, let's start the interview. You all can take your seat” the host motioned us to sit on the chairs that were placed with me in the middle while the other three people were on each side.

“My question is from the director, why do you not have a female lead in the movie or you didn’t get any knowing that this is an action movie and females can’t do stunts?” One woman raised her hand and asked the host if she might ask the question before standing up. 

“Wow, the first question is only so sharp, I don’t know how the rest of it will be?... And to answer your question, today in our industry there are many actresses who can do stunts and are very good at it but for my movie, the plot didn’t include an actress” The director provided the woman the ideal response after setting a light tone.

“My question is for the hero, Grayson, you have been in the industry for so long. And you have also been in many controversies with your female leads but we have never heard about any true relationship from your side. So, do you have someone that you are hiding or waiting for that someone special”.

“...Ok, I think the director was right. Today the media is on full fire” I grinned as I listened intently to the question and then stroked my neck in trepidation.  

“First of all, it’s been 6 years since I did my first film. And till now I am here all because of my fans. Second of all, we are actors. It is necessary that at some point there will be controversies regarding us. Our lives are never private, especially from you guys… lastly, I have never been in a relationship or I am hiding someone. But yes, I am…waiting for someone special” I firmly answered all of her inquiries, and when I finally thought of Eliana in the end, a kind and sincere smile appeared on my face. 

Following this, the question-and-answer round lasted for at least 2 hours, during which the final ten minutes of the event picture shoot took place.A few employees approached me to take a picture as soon as I stepped down, and I agreed. I then made my way back to my designated room. 

“Sophie pls, let me take a rest. I am fucking tired” I said the moment she stepped in.

“Ya ya, I am not saying anything. Just let’s go to your penthouse, then we have to go to dinner as well” She remarked, sitting next to me and massaging my shoulders to relieve the strain of sitting upright. 

“Can’t we skip it?” I asked her as soon as she said, "dinner," with expectant eyes.

“...Fine, I’ll do something” She sighed and raised her hand in surrender as she spoke.

“But we have a flight to catch, don’t forget”  She reminded me after taking her bag and leaving. After a minute, I moved to my car to block the individuals attempting to take pictures of me, with the help of my assistant and bodyguards around me. However, I simply gave them a wave before entering and departing the hotel.

I went directly to my room upon arriving at my penthouse and rested before a very long journey. When I answered my phone at around ten, I heard Sophie was waiting for me and that I had to head to the airport. I appreciate that my assistant has already packed and taken down my suitcase. I reached downstairs and we strapped up to head to our next location. However, I'm not sure why there seems to be a sense that something significant is about to occur.