Chapter 10: [Affected]

Katorns pov: 

It's been 2 rotations since the doctor's visit with Velseir and Kesey and they have settled quite nicely into a routine of eating, sleeping and playing. I've been slowly getting closer to them both, but the time of arrival is fast approaching, and I know what needs to be done, but I don't know how they'll take it. After the way Velseir reacted to the doctor I am worried how he's going to react to meeting Irogana.

She is the top specialist in biological science and chimeras. Thanks to the fletchers and their actions this field of research has had plenty of chimeras to study and reversing the effects of the procedures has become possible in the early stages of assimilation. However, there is still a point of no return once the introduced DNA fuses with the original. Chimeras tend to mutate and their appearance changes from what it once was but there can also be phycological and behavioral effects too.

Each chimera is different from the last, no two are the same, which is why Irogana's work is so important because the creatures that were changed by the fletchers can no longer return to their home world. They were all innocent creatures who did nothing to deserve such torment so after they are rescued, they need to be given homes whether that be an artificial habitat similar to their original world or a loving home to take care of them.

Velseir and Kesey both seem most comfortable hanging out in a domestic environment rather than a wild one. They are both adventurous and like to explore but are smart and figure things out quickly. Velseir is definitely the leader and an instigator, although most of the mischief they get up to is Velseir's idea, Kesey is always close by to assist.

My life has been greatly affected by those two and I'm not afraid to admit this our time together thus far may be short, but I don't know what I'd do if something is very wrong with their genetics that forces them to be removed from my care.

Just as I was becoming too lost in my thoughts, I am startled back to reality by something colliding with my abdomen I look down and notice velseir on the bed next to me. Kesey was on the other side of the bed, and they were both aggressively growling at the entrance to the room. I get up to go investigate and right as I reach the door the intercom sounds, and I see that it's khurah.

Why is he here?

"Hi katorn. I am just dropping by to see how the two little fellas are doing. Can I come in?"

I confirmed his permission to enter but asked him to wait a moment before entering so I could put Kesey in the travel cot and hold velseir in my arms. Once they were both situated, I allowed khurah entry into my quarters. Khurah's face lit up as soon as he saw velseir in my arms the little shriek he made visibly startled velseir. I shushed him and glared daggers at khurah for being such a fool. The way he flinched at my gaze gave me a sense of primal satisfaction and I didn't think my current attachment to velseir was a good idea. Khurah tried approaching again but this time much quieter velseir made a high pitched whistle sound and Kesey jumped out of the travel cot.

I did not know he could do that.

Kesey sat by my feet looking up at me holding velseir as if he wanted velseir back.

"They can get out of the pen?" khurah exclaimed

"Yeah, I guess they can though this is the first time I've seen them do this..." I responded, a sliver of doubt seeping its way into my words.

My shock must have been clear as khurah picked up on it and pressed me for more of an answer of which I didn't have. We just stared at each other and then, at the other two.  

********************************

soooooooo its been a while then...

I have exams soon so finding time to write this has become difficult, however I have one more chapter writen after this one as of when I published this one. 

Chapter 11 will be out nex week im going to try and cram writing today and hopefully get enough chapters to cover the time before and during my exams.  

✨✨✨  Dont forget to vote✨✨✨ 

(it gives me motivation)