Chapter 13 [Arrival]

GIDEONS POV:

I stood in-front of amber staring at my feet I had just handed him a collar wanting him to put it on me. I could have very easily put it on by myself as I had just put one on for Red so he could avoid having to use that god awful cage. I don't really know why I want him to do it but something inside me is telling me that I would much prefer him to do it than myself. Maybe if I submit to a life as a pet I won't be abandoned again.

Amber started to speak to me in his weird language again. I'm starting to be able to differentiate between the different sounds he makes when he speaks. I look up to face him and I see the dark red collar open in his hands.

He wants to put it on me.

I pull my hair out of the way and offer my neck to him and after a moment I feel it on my neck. The clasp clicked into place and a comforting calm washed over me. This collar sealed my fate as the alien's pet, and I wasn't mad about it. If I am a pet then I won't be easily gotten rid of, right? The lead I had previously gotten out of the box of things was now in Amber's hand. I had made sure to get matching sets out because I don't like to mix and match colors when there is no need to. Amber once again spoke to me to get my attention and he held up the lead to show me then touched my collar and the harness I was still wearing and spoke again. I looked at him for a second before I realized what he was asking me. I grabbed the lead in his hand and brought his hand to my chest. I turned around giving him access to the clasp loop and he attached it.

Another sound played in the room like the one from earlier and amber picked up Red and I placing us both on the bed holding his hand out probably wanting us to stay while he began rummaging through the room collecting things. One of the storage containers from under the bed was pulled out and he filled it up with his clothing and a few other things a didn't know the purpose of.

After he had grabbed what he needed for himself he started collecting items of ours and put them in a smaller container and a bag. The blanket I had begun to favor was still laying on the pillow mound and it appeared that Amber didn't plan on retrieving it. While Amber continued to gather the other items, I slid off the bed and went to get my blanket and Red's favorite round pillow. Red would not sleep without it anymore and I thought it was kind of cute.

Just as I finished grabbing the things Amber noticed I had disappeared from where he had left me and started calling for me with the name, he had given me. I made a noise to get his attention and he whipped his head around to face me. He looked a little shocked when I approached him with the bundle in my arms, I handed him the bundle and went to get back on the bed. He called my name again and pointed to the floor in front of him. I looked at his face, sighed and walked back over to him.

Once I was in front of him Amber knelt, said something then pointed at Red. I looked at Red then back at Amber, what did he want? He repeated his earlier action but pointed at the floor in front of him. He wanted me to call Red over?

I made the sound I used to call red over it was a mix between a growl and an 'A' sound and Red hopped of the bed and came towards me. Amber watched me as I did this and then started trying to make the sound too. It took him more tries than I thought it would, but he got it on the 13th try. When he successfully made the sound Red, I both looked at him. He got up and took a few paces backwards away from us then he made the sound again.

'He was learning how to call us' I thought with a sigh. I walked towards him with red following close behind and he let out a sound akin to a purr which I assume was because of his success.

Amber then stood up picking us up and scanning a symbol on the boxes he had packed moments ago. He slung the bag he packed over one shoulder and started for the door.

We made our way through the corridors and several doors to a place we had never been before. It looked like something only seen in a sci-fi movie. A large door clearly built to accommodate beings larger than the aliens that now had possession of me and a set of equally large piston hinges. The floor trembled slightly before settling down. A hiss came from the pistons as they released, and a bright beam of light peered in through the gap that was slowly forming.

When my eyes finally adjusted to the new lighting, I was greeted with a sight I thought I'd only ever see in paintings. A vast violet sky ahead and a lush mint and turquoise forest below the clear platform we were presently on.

I suppose the place I had lived over the last few weeks was a space ship and the low hum that had been my new constant was what I'd guess to be some sort of engine. Though I'm surprised it had taken me this long to realize this I am unbothered by the fact. Looking over at Red who was in Amber's other arm I see that he is just as mesmerized by the sight that befell us as I was if not more so. Amber's gaze lingered on me a moment before he looked ahead and started to descend the ramp to the platform beneath.

What awaits me from this point forward is a mystery to me, but I am no less excited than I am fearful. 

*******************************

Hello Darlings. 

I have uploaded!

I genuinely hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I while writing it. My collage has finally unblocked wattpad on their network so that's where I am while publishing this. 

Anyway don't forget to vote darlings and potentially follow my account so you can see when the next chapter is scheduled to be released. 

Also complete side note but it was mine and my partners 1 year anniversary yesterday and in celebration of this I updated this chapter a few days before schedule. 

Bye now darlings see you next time xx