The Journey to Hell

It's been over a month since I last posted, I'm sorry... I was just so busy with many classes I had...!

Sahadeva POV

It hurt to see everyone crying. Both mata and pitrudeva were gone. Kunti mata is now our everything. We all tried to enjoy the view as we never went farther than the end of the forests. Agni and Indu were coping fine, although we could read their sad eyes, the change brought new found excitement which made sense, afterall, they're only 5 years old. As they jumped up and down pointing to different places we kept passing by, a small smile crept our faces slowly, one by one. Bhrata Bheema and I were right next to the twins. Indu kept tapping Bhrata Bheema and Agni kept tapping my shoulder. Soon, everyone had a bittersweet smile on their face but one person. Kunti mata. The twins not able to see their mother in tears, slowly walk towards her using each other for support on the bumpy chariot, taking small steps.

"Mata, did you see this when you first came to Hastinapur?" Indu beamed with excitement. Kunti mata silently nodded. The girl's faces gloom into disappointment. Agni opens her mouth to try again when a smirk crawls on their faces.

"Mata, does it always rain lotuses in Hastinapur?" as she says this, lotuses rain through the sky. Kunti mata looks up instantly, in astonishment, she slowly begins to stand as tears run down her face. We all stare in awe, the ride instantly turns bittersweet with joy slightly overpowering the dark sadness. As a lotus falls into my lap, I hand it to Indu, she looks Agni dead in the eye and sticks her tongue out which makes everyone laugh. Indu then sits down with the lotus and counts how many petals it has as Agni continues to attempt to catch one. Bhrata Yudhishthira catches one and gives it to Agni. She happily takes it, places it next to Indu and stands back up, looking up at the sky. Puzzled, bhrata Bheem asks,

"Agni, why are you still trying to catch another one after jyestha bhrata gave you one?" Agni, still trying to catch one says,

"Bhrata Bheem, I want to catch o-" she smiles as she jumps in excitement and grabs onto one. "Bhrata Bheem, I wanted to catch one for myself without anyone's help." Suddenly, the lotuses stop raining. Agni smiles before sitting and counting with Indu. They begin to murmur as they take one of the lotuses and remove each petal slowly. I try to listen in to what they were saying but their voice was softer that a whisper, slowly tears streamed down from their small, doe eyes. Silence and tears were all we rightfully owned now.