nine

"Winter, here!" Ningning calls out with her arm raised above her head, beckoning her over in the midst of the lunch crowd.

Winter has yet to recover from her interaction with Karina, her cheeks hurting from smiling too much. She takes in a couple of deep breaths as she makes her way to the table, reminding herself to remain calm and collected.

"How's it going with Karina?" Ningning blurts out the question as soon as Winter slid into the space in front of her.

Her cover is blown instantly as she bends forward, bumping her forehead against the table with a 'thud'.

"Is she okay?" a couple of voices around them murmurs.

Winter could only lift her hand up, making an "okay" sign with her fingers.

Ningning laughs softly, reaching over to pat her head. "I'm assuming things went badly?"

Winter shakes her head.

"Good?"

Winter lifts her head up abruptly, slamming her hands on the table, startling the poor innocent students trying to eat their meals in peace.

"No, it was amazing."

After sharing the details of what went down in the classroom (minus the part where Winter imagines them kissing for obvious reasons) and scuffling down her lunch, the pair decided to stroll around campus to kill some time while digesting their full stomachs.

She also mentions the offer Karina dropped on her.

"And you didn't say yes?" Ningning widens her eyes in pure disbelief.

"I didn't exactly give her an answer," Winter shrugs, hands deep inside the pockets of her jacket. "You know I can't even pose for shit. What makes you think I can model for it?"

"That isn't the point." Ningning sighs loudly, shaking her head. "You'll get to spend more time with her and... she'll definitely think highly of you," she reasons out.

"I might embarrass myself in front of her instead," Winter exhales.

"You should give yourself more credit. You are quite the catch too, you just don't realize it."

Winter raises a brow at her friend, bumping her shoulder against hers. "Trying to talk me up?"

"Just being honest. You're quite dense in that sense." Ningning shrugs her shoulders, choosing to leave her answers vague and ambiguous.

"What does that even mean?" Winter asks, still trying to unpack and decode whatever Ningning had told her.

"Think about it okay? I think you should accept her offer or you might regret it." Ningning shoots her a smile, slapping her on the back gently just as they arrive right outside her classroom.