Chapter 3

I looked over to where Dahlia pointed. A ship was busy stopping by the dock. Loud laughter could be heard from it. Smoke pilled up as a woman appeared. Cheers erupted from the crew on the ship.

"Pirates?"

"Pirates," Dahlia said.

"We almost had that one boys!" the woman chanted.
"Well get'em next time!"

They started unloading their ship.

I turned to Dahlia, "Are they talking about you?"

She nodded sighing. I nodded and continued watching them.

"Is she the captain?"

"Seems like it"

The woman turned to us and saluted. We returned the gesture. She smirked and hurried off into the town with the rest of her crew.

"Well she looks nice"

"Nice? She tried to kill me"

"I know"

"I feel betrayed- where's your guard?"

"Oh, some are probably looking for me"

"What did you do?"

"Dahlia, you need to understand"

"understand what exactly?"

"I don't want to get married"

"Married?!"

"Yes, I'm sixteen remember"

"Right, right.- Oh. Oh no."

"Right, what's way worse is that I don't even know who I'm marrying. It could be some abusive, fat king with a horrible hairline and smelly feet!"

"Let's not jump to things, he could be a good one"

"The only good ones are from Nightfall Kingdom"

"How do you know?"

"They're vampires, how would I not know"

"You read too much"

"Nuh uh"

"uh huh"

I narrowed my eyes pressing my lips together.

"But you're right though"

"Yeah, yup! I'm always right"

"nice joke"

Dahlia got up stretching.

"Let go for a walk, I haven't used these legs in weeks."

💫

"I think the green suits you more"

"You know I hate green"

"Why?"

"Cause it reminds me of seaweed"

"Offended"

We were in Hufflepuff Clothing Empire. A store made epically for everyone and anything. I sit on a chair waiting for Dahlia to pick something that's not too revealing nor uncomfortable. She would always tell me to trust in her, that she knows what looks good on anyone. But lately, I've been questioning it. And I probably believe when she said anyone, she meant the merfolk.

"Okay, okay. How about this?"

I stared at the Galaxy Sun star sleeveless zip-front lace-up A-line mini dress.

"But I didn't shave my armpits" I groaned

"Girl be for real right now"

"Okay, Okay" I rolled my eyes, snatching the dress from her grip. I walked behind the curtain into the dressing room to change.

"Hurry up!"

I stepped out and watched as Dahlia's eyes lit up.

"Perfect, stunning. Ugh! Yesss" she clapped her hands.
"I'm totally buying you this, come!" she pulled me down the oak wooden spiral stairs to the ground floor.

"Shouldn't I take it off first?!"

"No, no, it's fine"

I groaned.

"Greetings princess" the old woman bowed her head.

"Please, you may just call me Ayla."

"As you wish"

"Here" Dahlia handed the woman the money to pay for the dress.

"Thank you, darling, I'll go get a bag"

The store bell rang as a tall boy entered the store. His face was covered by the hood of his dark cloak.

"Who's that creep" Dahlia whispered.

"Ah! Kai welcome" the old woman returned.

"Greetings Aunt Daphne" the guy answered in a husky voice.

"Damn..." I heard Dahlia gasp.

"Nice to see you again" he walked towards the counter taking off his hood.

I held my breath as I was blinded by the beauty of this boy. That defined jawline, the silky-looking black hair, and that black Asian monolid piercing eyes.

I guess Dahlia isn't the only one who they're gonna have to call the animal trapper for.

"Good evening ladies" he nodded towards us. I took the bag from the old woman thanking her.

I stuffed my black dress the one I wore before into the paper bag.

"Thanks for shopping"

We made our way of the store.

"Did you see that guy? He must be from heaven"

I looked up at the sky. The sun has already set. Which means it's time for vampires to clock in.

"Did you see the way he was checking you out?"

"Dahlia please. Be for real"

"Just saying"

"Yeah, right"

💫

"Well Ayla, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"....Absolutely nothing."

"We expected better from the future queen"

"Future queen butt" I mumbled.

"What was that?" the emperor
narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing" I stared down at the food on my plate.

"Are you going to stare at your food the whole dinner?" my mother took a sip from her glass.

"No, I'm gonna stare at my food the whole dinner" I spat.

"Behave yourself, girl" my father slammed his fist on the table.
I rolled my eyes shoving a piece of fried hwurp skin in my mouth, chewing it viciously. My mother sighed.
I excused myself from the dinner and wandered up to my room. I pulled on my silk pajamas and my bunny slippers. I opened my balcony, cold air hitting my skin. I sat down in front of my painting canvas. I breathed out as I picked up a paint brush and dipped it into the blue paint. My hand flowed across the canvas as ideas sprang into my tiny brain. I used my light powers to create little sparks of glitter.

I leaned back in my seat staring at the canvas.

"Wait, wait, wait"

I moved away standing near the door examining the piece. I held my hands out in front of me, measuring every detail.

"Now this is museum worthy." I cackled. I stared up at the night sky seeing a dragon. It swirled in circles. It
moved down, it's black scales glistening in the moon light. I backed up as it came towards me. I yelped covering my face. I felt the warm breathing and slowly removed my hands from my face. It's black eyes stared at me.

"Hey there" I slowly moved my hand towards it's head. He bowed his head.

"So here you are"