Chapter 30

HALEY'S POV

FLASHBACKS

 "So how was the lunch date?" Nichole asked we were on FaceTime as I munched down on a fruit salad I made earlier

"So how was the lunch date?" Nichole asked we were on FaceTime as I munched down on a fruit salad I made earlier. I tucked my feet underneath me as I sat on the couch in my newly furnished living room. Thank goodness my Daddy came through for me, buying all of my furniture. Just got delivered this afternoon.

All warm colors eventually were going to decorate my entire place. Right now, basic white color sofa with an ottoman, and love seat was all I needed. With a glass coffee table. I had my rug out ,and TV up just mounted on the wall, but no cable. Probably not for a while anyway. "Uhh hellooo," Nichole cooed as I tuned back into the conversation.

"So you just gonna go silent on me when I mention Pharaoh?" "The date was fine," I shrugged with a small smile to myself. "He really doesn't talk much so it's hard to tell what he's thinking, or how he feels about me."

"Girl!" She laughed. "That nigga was staring at you so hard at that club the other night? I can't believe you didn't feel that shit. He could have burned a hole right through you. If I was you, I would see what that stroke game is like. He looks like he know how to put it down."

"Nichole come on," I laughed, almost feeling uncomfortable at the thought. "He'll probably just stare at me the entire time." "Shit, you might be right," she said as we both laughed. "When are you going to see him next time?" "Well," looking at the front door. "He's supposed to be coming over tonight-."

"Whaaaaat?!" She shrieked as I closed my eyes tight at the loudness laughing. I knew she was going to flip when I told her. "It's like that?!" "I mean, he's persistent," shrugging with a smile. Thinking about how I was the one who invited him over for movie night. 

"So what are yall going to do?" "Just watch a movie. Maybe I can get him to open up a little to me," hearing his car engine pull into the driveway. Loudest sound I ever heard. "I think he's here Nichole."

"Oooo, don't give him the goods without seeing that dick first," she noted as I laughed. "I'll be sure to remember that, I gotta go," I told her quickly before hanging up. I stood up, looking myself over. I wasn't revealing, nor was I trying to be over sexy.

I kept it simple wearing some red sweatpants and the matching cropped sweatshirt to match. I mean, yeah I didn't have on a bra, but I really didn't like to wear those around the house anyway. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail from it being down earlier, bouncing about and my dark complexion had a shine to it with the oils I used.

I tidied up a bit, moving things out the way so I didn't look like a slob just as he knocked on the door. "Who is it?" I asked. Silence. Of course. I rolled my eyes as I went to the door seeing him standing there with a bag of food in his hand.