Chapter 39: Back home

Victoria is corrected about her friends taking advantage of the extra help. Jade and Tessa got them to go to their location. Not having to worry about Wild City's citizens getting a whiff of what's going on since they are too high up, even they do happen to see them, a woman with a bunch of men is less desirable than a woman with one or two.

Jade and Tessa chat with each other about something like parenthood and what places they should go in the future. Not noticing the fact, the men unease while they look around the forest and flinch when the normal animals either peak at them from their place in the trees or dart away once alerted to their presence.

Yuma ignored their reaction and was more interested in listening to the women's conversation, taking notes of where their family could go for a small vacation.

"Are you sure that we are supposed to be here?" Diego whispered to Yuma's ear, looking around still. Yuma blinked and looked at his nervous face.

"Yeah, this is your new home," Yuma nodded his head. "I am honestly happy to be here again."

"That is not the point." Alan grumbled; he was much more tense than the other men here. Alan was about to explain when Jake came racing up to them. He has childlike excitement on his face.

"Yuma, you live in this holy ground!?" Jake asked. The pure delight in his voice made Yuma flinch a little. "Did you start mining? Are they opals? How about a hundred dollars to find? Is it truly a brilliant green gem as rumors claim?"

"We did not dig into the grounds," Yuma answered, pushing him away a little to give himself some space. "I am not sure if our leader plans on doing so either since we are more focused on building."

"What?" Jake's smile dropped into one of disbelief when he heard that. "Why not take a chance waiting until a beastman is desperate enough to find something here to impress their woman and come by?"

"And see my wife," Spike exclaimed, eyeing the man weirdly. "You know, the woman who invited you to be here?"

"I did not forget!" Jake protested, getting a hush from Yuma, Alan, Diego, and Spike. The women stopped with their chatting to look back at them.

"What's wrong?" Jade asked curiously. Alan shook his head, informing her that they were talking about job opportunities that the men were eager to get into. Tessa accepted the statement without question while Jade eyed Alan suspiciously but ultimately focused back on Tessa.

"I did not forget. I just believe that gaining a strong finance system is just as or more important than females," Jake tried to explain his stance. "Reproducing is the main factor for us but money is something that always will be needed in our world. Both of their magic abilities, their connection to our gods, and how we decide the worth of each product we capture or craft."

The passion in Jake's voice made the men think a little more about the jewels they use and how at the end of the day. The jewels are what make or break a society as a whole.