Why can't I see her in pain?

Ryan.....

"No need to thank me Lizzy.... I can do anything for my business", as those words fell from my mouth, I felt an immense crush inside my heart.

As if someone should take my life away!

That would be better.

I felt her gulping those tears inside her but I don't want her to expect anything from me in return. I don't want her to live in the fake world of happiness where the survival of our togetherness would draw us into vain.

I miss you Lizz. I miss us! I miss my best friend. I know you hate me because I can't love you.

She asked confusingly, "Business?" Until the reality hit at her, "Right....", I heard her saying in her broken voice. Watching her like this broke my heart but saying this on the same page makes me contradictory. But I can't help it out either. I have never taken any relationship in my life seriously.
Yes, Lizz and our friendship was something different but I'm scared.

It's like I'm ending up breaking her heart anyways.

It's just the mindset you are carrying. You are not scared because you are not sure. You are scared because you love her so much and you don't want to break her heart with your love. You have fear of losing her. Because pretending to hate her is making her stay with you.

Shut up! Stop making assumptions.

We reached home and she immediately stepped out of the car and within seconds, disappeared from my sight. I know she is hurt. But the fact is all those words I spoke in front of Caroline was real. For real.

I don't know why I did that but I cannot tolerate a single face insulting my Lizz. It was all meant to save her from being humiliated but that 'I love her' was not in the list of words I was going to use.
No, I wasn't drunk. That's for sure.....

No.... No... No..... Ryan!

What have you done? Oh God, Please help me! I have never felt such emotions. What's happening to me?

Why can't I see her in pain? I was the one who vowed to give her the pain. But why not now? Why it's being impossible?

I hit my hand on the steering wheel cursing myself for being such an idiot.

And I don't know what will happen next!
___________________________________________

Lizzy....

I went back to my room with tears flowing down my cheeks. I was hurt. Again. He will never love me. I'm the fool who was expecting so much in return despite knowing the fact that love will never be in my favour.

So, no more expectations. I took a long shower as I really needed that and changed into a loose t-shirt and a short.

I had to go through some of the files which I had put on hold because of this shitty party so, I was completing my work.

While I was working, Ryan came to the room, I felt his gaze on me while I chose to avoid him. I was not in the mood. For real. He went to bed after changing into his night clothes.

It took me almost 2 hours to go through all the files and I finally, completed all of it. I hate putting things on hold. Say so, I'm too work addict and I think I got this from my Dad.

I have seen him working day and night and taking breaks only when my Mom forces him for. He always gets time for her and that's what I love him for. Not only this, there are so many other things. He has given us the best life. Undoubtedly, the best man I have ever seen.

And after a long hectic day. I went back to my sleep. I was really tired. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. I was drained.
The next morning I woke up and saw Ryan sleeping beside me with a soothing smile on his face.

Really?

I can bet he must be dreaming of his whores! Such a moron.... Jerk!
Anyways.

I jumped out of the bed and did my morning stuffs. I was finally getting ready when I saw that I still had 2 hours left for my meeting.
My meeting was scheduled at 11 am and it's just 9 right now.

I turned my face and saw Ryan still sleeping peacefully. Peacefully? Can't happen.

And an idea popped up in my head

And an idea popped up in my head. I smirked back at myself looking at the mirror.

"Revenge time honey....", I muttered under my breath.

***************************************

Oh my god, Ryan is sleeping so cutely. Will you try to wake him up?😂
I hope you guys enjoyed the update. Short chapter!

Next one will be Ryan's Pov so, I thought to make a new chapter on that.
If you have come this far don't forget to vote on my story. ❣️

And show your love and appreciation to my book. Also, follow my profile to receive the notifications for the updates. 😀

Show some love in the comment section and I will mention those names on my next update. It will be out soon. So, hurry up guys!😍

Show some love! 🫶
Happy Reading!

Sending love,
Divya Shaily