Chapter 6: Deep Trouble

Sheena's POV

My friends and I are here at Bloom's. Colet and Maloi are both holding books while reading intently, Mikha's playing COD and I'm here, nakapangalumbaba sa mesa habang tinitingnan ang mga dumadaan. Lecheng mga kaibigan 'to! Akala ko ba bonding? Bakit may naglalaro at bakit may nag-aaral? 

Lalagnatin yata ako by just seeing the books. 

"Why didn't you attend today's activity in the hospital?" Colet suddenly asked. Nakababa na ang librong hawak niya kanina. She probably noticed that I'm started to get bored. 

"I have a fever." I reasoned out. 

"Idiot! Edi dapat lang pala na pumunta kang hospital so you can be treated." Mikha butted in and put her hand on my forehead to feel my temperature. "Gago! You're doing just fine naman eh. Normal temp." she added. 

"How did you know? Doctor ka ba? Business woman in the making ka, diba?" I told her. Maloi put down her book and went closer to me. 

Akala ko she'll put her hand on my forehead too pero nagulat ako at napasigaw when she slap my nape hard. I caressed it softly while closing my eyes. Akala ko ba si Colet ang volleyball player?

"Ouch! What the hell!?" I asked Maloi. 

"You're not even sick. Umabsent ka 'no?" she asked while looking at me intently. 

I laugh awkwardly kaya mas sinamaan nila ako ng tingin. "Oo na! Eh kasi, I punched Alas in front of Gwen tapos when we talked, I kinda told her that I have a crush on her." 

Now, I got their attention. Si Colet, nagkunwari pang nanay ko tapos si Maloi and Mikha, parang kapatid ko lang. I hate being the maknae. They're treating me like their child now. 

"Uh, are you guys mad because I'm starting to have a crush na? Come on! I do flirt a lot last school year, wala naman kayong nasasabi ah!" I defended myself. 

"We all know that you weren't serious. This is the first time you asked for a favor. Naalala mo 'yong frappe ni Gwen na binigay mo lang sa bata? Seeing you became shy and giddy was something priceless. I'd trade my car collection just to see that again." mahabang litanya ni Colet.