Chapter 23: Love Shouldn't Feel Like This

Sheena's POV

After I have sent them my message, mabilis pa sa alas kwatro nila akong pinuntahan. Maloi immediately hugged me as she tried to calm me down, behind her were Mikha and Colet exchanging knowing looks with worries written on their eyes.  

"I-it's over ... Gwen and I ... the relationship I tried so hard to take care of ... she's gone, Maloi. She's gone." I cried. 

I heard Colet and Mikha uttered curses. Maloi escorted me inside my car, giving me a water bottle and handkerchief while patting my back gently. 

"Seriously, Sheena," Mikha's voice cut through the fog clouding her mind. "How could you just... let her walk all over you like that?" Today, the fire in her eyes burned with anger and I understood all too well.

"It wasn't that simple, Mikha," I managed to tell even if my voice is barely a whisper. "We... we just weren't working out anymore. Hindi ko naman siya pwedeng pilitin nang pilitin, siya na mismo nagsabi." Kusa na namang tumulo ang luha sa mga mata ko na kanina ko pa pinupunasan. 

Maloi, the quiet one of the group, scoffed. "Not working out? There's something off, Sheena! Tangina, bunso ka namin eh. Hindi ka nga namin hinahayaang humarap mag-isa sa mga kaaway mo dahil baka mapaano ka tapos sasaktan ka lang?" pain was heard in her voice. 

I flinched at the harshness in her voice. Maloi had always been fiercely protective of me, and the hurt in her eyes mirrored my own.

Colet, ever the voice of reason, intervened, placing a calming hand on Maloi's arm. "Maloi, simmer down. There must be more to it."

I closed my eyes, the memory of Gweneth's touch sending a phantom warmth through me. Naiiyak na naman ako. 

I really want it to be her. The one who sits in front of me at the dining table, waiting to hear how my day went. The first face I see when I wake up in the morning, who pulls me closer into a tight hug while whispering '5 more minutes' into my ear. The one who kisses me goodbye everyday before heading for work, and then 30 minutes later texts me 'i miss you already'. The person doesn't just offer me a box of tissue but cries with me on the saddest parts of my favorite series. The one I pray with at the same time everyday, to ask God to guide us and to make sure that we love each other the way we needed.