Chapter 10: The Rating Game

Ryota's Apartment
Ryota POV
The days of training camp passed quicker and quicker. But eventually, it became the day.

I was meditating alone, in my room.

Just one hour.

One hour until the Rating Game starts.

Flashback
Rias: The House of Phenex has no respect for us...Let's give 'em a taste of how strong the House of Gremory truly is. They will receive no mercy from us!

End of Flashback

Everyone was truly working to get stronger for the Rating Game.

Especially Issei.

I'm not gonna lie, it feels like he's the only one who made any genuine progress, as well as Asia.

As for Rias, Akeno, Koneko and Kiba...It felt like part of them was being held back.

I opened my eyes after exhaling.

Ryota: If Rias, Akeno, Koneko or even Kiba don't manage to pull their weight for this Rating Game...I might get seriously pissed off.

I took another deep breath and exhale.

Ryota: Not like it'll matter...Cause even if we lose...

I pulled out my phone and saw the photo I took of Riser kissing Yubelluna. I felt myself starting to grin now.

Ryota: I have already won.

It was at that moment, I heard my alarm clock go off.

I turned to it and gently shut it off.

Ryota: Looks like it's time.

I stopped my meditation and used my magic to open up a teleportation circle. I stood up and  stepped onto it.

After a few seconds, I left my room to join up with the rest of the squad.

Timeskip
Occult Research Club
3rd Person POV
Everyone in Rias's Household was at the Occult Research Club for the upcoming Rating Game.

They all sat down, with Rias at her desk and everyone else on the couches, except for Ryota, who was stretching and warming up.

Not only that, everyone except for Ryota and Asia was drinking a cup of tea. But Koneko was putting on fingerless gloves and Kiba had a sword out.

Issei: Unbelievable! Our fearless leader doesn't even look worried about the game today, does she?

Just then, the doors opened. Everyone turned to see Sona and Tsubaki entering the room.

Sona: Sorry if I'm interrupting.

Rias: No, please, come on in, Sona.

Akeno: I'm glad you could make it.

Issei: Wow, I sure didn't expect to see those two here...What gives?

Rias: There's a live broadcast of the competition so family members can watch...Sona and Tsubaki are here to help out with that.

Ryota: So what you're telling me is...Your family is gonna be watching the game.

Rias, Asia, Issei...everyone in the room...They all turned to see Ryota walking towards them. He cracked his neck and put his hands at his hips.

He wore his uniform from Tokyo Jujutsu High. And he looked very serious.

 And he looked very serious