004

The next day Clarissa was asleep in her bed. She rather enjoyed the company of her bed compared to anyone else's.

The girl was dressed in a baggy t-shirt and baggy gym shorts as she walked out to see Lorelai and Rory. "Morning sleepy head." Lorelai teased as Clarissa grumbled and walked towards the kitchen.

"What's up with her?" Dean questions as she girl walks back over with a water bottle. "She's just a bit tired." Rory says as she wraps an arm around Clarissa who stood next to her.

"I wanna go play my guitar now." Clarissa says, in between a yawn and sigh, her voice sounding airy. "Have fun, sweetie." Rory calls playfully as Clarissa closes herself in her room.

To the girl, her room was her safe space, no matter what state she was in her room was hers and hers only.

"Clairey?" Lorelai calls from outside, Clarissa opening the door. "Yes?" Clarissa questions in curiosity. 

"Would you like my mom's hairstylist to come and set your hair before the ball?" Lorelai questions, Clarissa making a face which made Lorelai chuckle as she walked away, talking to her mom.

That afternoon, Lorelai was standing outside the Marquis door room. She had some exciting new to share with her, so she couldn't help herself.

Lorelai knocked at the door, the girl opening it after a moment. "What's up?" Clarissa questions as she was now changed into a sweater and some jeans.

"So I know that you really want to do this deb thing, but I didn't want you to do it alone so...I called you mom!" Lorelai exclaims happily.

Clarissa caught herself before she visibly deflated, smiling softly. "Oh...that's great." Clarissa says, trying to put a brave face for Lorelai.

"I know! Isn't it exciting?" Lorelai questions as she walks away. "So exciting." Clarissa says as she walks back into her room, shutting the door.

Clarissa sighed as she grabbed her pillow, letting out a silent scream into it. Eventually flopping back onto her bed, the pillow still over her face.

"You know you could suffocate." Rory says as she walks in. "That's kind of my goal." Clarissa says, but it came out muffled.

"Oh cheer up, your mom is coming to town." Rory says as she leaves the girl's room. Clarissa sat up and held her pillow close.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Clarissa says softly.

The next afternoon, Alessandra Marquis made her presence known in Stars Hollow. Everyone knew who she was as she walked towards the Gilmore residence.

Clarissa fixed the long sleeved dress she wore as she stood by the door with Rory and Lorelai. When the knock sounded, Rory and Lorelai squealed in excitement, Clarissa wasn't amused.

Alessandra walked in and engulfed Lorelai and Rory in a hug, grinning happily. Clarissa watched awkwardly as her mother hugged her friend and goddaughter.

"Where's Clarissa?" Alessandra questions, the girl stepping forward stiffly. "Right here mom." Clarissa says as the woman nods. 

"It's good to see you." Alessandra says as Clarissa nods stoically. Both Gilmore girls sensing the tension between them.

"I'm going out." Clarissa says. "Where-" "Out." Clarissa says, cutting her godmother off as she grabbed her coat and rushed out of the house.

The girl ended up at Luke's, her head in her hands as she sighed heavily. "If she seriously thinks that what she does doesn't bother me she is dead wrong." Clarissa rants to Luke as he poured her coffee.