53 - draft night

Charlotte

(irl + social media)

The energy in the room was electric, a current of anticipation that hummed through the crowd and set my heart racing.

The WNBA draft night in New York was a constellation of dreams.

Caitlin Clark's name was called, her future with the Indiana Fever now in reach. Applause thundered to her talent and the promise of what was to come.

But then, a twist in the narrative, a surprise that sent shockwaves through the room and straight into my soul.

Kate's name echoed in the space, her destiny with the Las Vegas Aces unfolding before our eyes. My breath caught, joy mingling with disbelief. My Kate, my love, her hard work and dedication blooming into this moment.

I was on my feet before I knew it, clapping until my hands ached, cheering until my voice broke. Kate's eyes met mine across the room, I saw our future shimmering in her gaze.

We were embarking on a new journey, one that promised challenge and change, but as long as we had each other, I knew we could face anything.

The night was a blur of celebration, of cameras flashing and interviews, but through it all, Kate's hand found mine, our connection a steady, unbreakable thread.

As we stepped out into the New York night, the city's lights a backdrop to our shared story, I whispered my congratulations, my love, my unwavering support. The adventure was just beginning, and I was so incredibly happy for her.

It was such a bittersweet feeling, seeing Kate go on with her life and her dream. I was proud but also sad. This meant the time we had together would soon be over.

Instagram

126,686 likeskatemartin03 dreams ➡️ reality

126,686 likes
katemartin03 dreams ➡️ reality

comments:

charlotteobrien atta girl
katemartin03 ❤️❤️❤️

jadagyamfi so happy for you

caitlinclark22 i'm so proud

gabbie.marshall go do great things kate

kyliefeuerbach KATE!!!

sydney.affolter omg.

24,721 likescharlotteobrien kate was drafted

24,721 likes
charlotteobrien kate was drafted. go be great bff.

comments:

katemartin03 this means i have to leave u.
charlotteobrien i'll be cheering u on no matter how far i am

jadagyamfi this feels like a scene from a movie

caitlinclark22 bro i love u guys

gabbie.marshall actually an insane night

kyliefeuerbach go kate!!!

reeseobrien oh. my. god.

author's note
so bittersweet
go be great kate!