Prologue

I winced as the bindings on my wrist burned into my skin, and I threw my head down, trying to breathe as my head pounded hard against my skull

"Murder wasn't on today's agenda," I told North, eyes narrowing into a glare. "But for you, I'll make an exception."

He just smiled at me as I shifted in the chair, wincing as the cold metal dug into my back. "Oh, I think you'll regret that decision, Skye," he said. "You'll regret it greatly."

I just bared my teeth. "You can't keep me here forever."

"Oh, I know," he replied, sighing as he leaned against the wall. "Beautiful little Skye can escape any trap I put her in, correct?"

I glared at him. "Where is Sebastian?"

He chuckled lowly, pulling out a chair from the side and sat backwards on hit. He just set his head on the back of the chair, those dark eyes reflecting me like I was looking in a black mirror. "That's my question, Skye," North told me. "Sebastian... always hides. But when it comes to you," he chuckled, "oh, he'd do anything for you. Just like how I would do anything for you. Remember that?"

"You NEVER loved me," I snapped. "You are incapable of loving."

"Cruel, heartless, North?" he asked me. "Wow, that's very odd assumption."

"You have no soul."

"That doesn't mean I can't enjoy things."

"Like what?" I snapped, writhing against the bindings. "WHAT? Enjoy killing? I know all this is you. It's always been you."

His smile tilted. "You think you know me soooo well."

"All I need to know is that you murder people, and that YOU are the one I should run from." My glare sharpened. "Now WHERE IS SEBASTIAN?"

North chuckled a little. "I don't know. I was hoping you knew."

I just scoffed. "So, what? You caught me to lure him here? You're more needy than I thought."

North was suddenly in my face, and I sucked in a breath when the chair behind him slammed against the floor.

My eyes moved to his, and I felt them beat in fear.

"Child," he whispered in my face, breath burning my cheeks. "Such a CHILD!"

He slapped me across the face, and I cried out, head whipping to the side.

He never moved from his position.

"What are you waiting for...?" I said then, turning back to him. "Just kill me already."

A smile spread across his face, and I watched his eyes glow a dark red. "No."

My brows drew together. "No?"

"No," he replied then, lightly running his finger along my cheekbone, "I want to ruin you first. I want to destroy you, make little Skye go insane. Maybe then... and only then... will you stop being this stupid shitty brat."

I just glared despite the horror rising inside me, filling my blood with needles doused in poison. "You can't ruin me."

North just chuckled. "Oh, yes I can." His eyes flashed red. "WATCH ME."

A/N
Hey, guys!
Sorry it's been a while, haha, I've been dealing with stuffs.
Anyways, it's good to be back! I hope you enjoy this novel!
Also YAYAYAYAYAY "switched" reached over 1k reads which almost never happens to me haha, I'm so glad everyone's enjoying this series!
You're in for a treat!

Anyways, it's good to be back! I hope you enjoy this novel!Also YAYAYAYAYAY "switched" reached over 1k reads which almost never happens to me haha, I'm so glad everyone's enjoying this series!You're in for a treat!