CHAPTER 8

I looked to see and it was Nisha.

"You see, that's what I mean when I say you are a little kid and I need to take care of you. You literally got lost.", Nisha said.
I said not a word and walked with her as she guided me, holding onto my hand tightly. I kept starring at her, walking behind her as she pulled me.

The last site of the day was the Brooklyn Bridge. We encountered the spectacular scenery of the whole New York city, with the sun setting. We reached there at the perfect time indeed.

 We reached there at the perfect time indeed

It was time to head home.
The engine started and the music was played parallely. The students danced and sang to the songs.

"WHERE IS MYRA?! MYRA, COME DANCE WITH US!", Someone called.
I was sitting with Tanni beside me. I was already exhausted and I had to go to my dance practise so I sat and was taking rest.

"MYRA JONES! YEAH SHE'S HERE!", Nisha held my hand up.
"Myra's no more.", I acted.

They laughed and continued as Tanni and I chatted.

"I would want to share something.", I said.
"Sure thing!", she answered.
"Uh- so- how- would you react to me having a crush on a girl?"
"WHAT!? WOWW ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
"Yeah.. I guess I'm bi..."
"That's totally not a big deal. But tell me! WHO IS IT??"
"Guess?"
"Someone from our school?"
"Yeah.."
"Is it....."
"...."
"Don't get me wrong but..."
"But...?"
"Just a wild guess though... Is it.. Nisha by any chance?"
"Um... how did you know? Or your guess is so accurate?"
"ARE YOU SERIOUS??!?"
"Shh shh.. lower it. Yeah.. I guess I mean.."
"I knew it. I knew it. Ahaaa!!"
"How come..?? Do I make it obvious?"
"I don't know, but I always doubt you two."

I told her about all the moments when I felt my heart flutter, and how I kept on thinking about her all the time. I didn't know how she actually felt but she seemed quite happy and I felt relaxed as well, to share this with someone. It felt much pleasant knowing that she did not judge me for what I said.

The bus stopped at the school gate. The day had come to an end. We now had to return home.

"Myra, I'm getting late. I need to go I have my classes. Reach home safe ok? Bye. See you later.", Nisha bid me bye.
I waved at her and watched her walk away.

I reached home after attending my dance practise. My mom was quite worried to see my injury but I ensured her that it was fine. Later that night, I was showing her our excursion pictures.

"Is this your new best friend? What was her name... Ni-", my mom asked.
"Hmm.. Nisha. But how did you know?"
"Look at how glued you two are in every picture."
"Uh.. I mean I don't know if we are best friends but she's really good to me unlike my past friends."
"Remember what I taught you?"
"To be kind to all even if they've done wrong to you. The Lord Almighty and Karma would definitely teach them required lessons."
"Right. She seems to be good, but remember not to get too attached."
I nodded.

"Too attached..... I'm sorry but I've committed the same mistake again, mom. I just let everything in the hands of God. But I can say, that now I am tolerant to people leaving."