Chapter three: My home

"911 what is your emergency"

"Um, I need to report something"

"What is it sweetheart, are you alright?"

"Im okay but I don't think my neighbor is, he hasn't left the house all weekend and when I just checked his windows it doesn't look like he's moving"

"Okay hunny what's the address? Do you have an adult with you?"

"It's 457 Holloway drive, it's the house with the orange ladder on the side of it. There is a spare key under the ash tray on the front porch, please hurry!"

*Call ended*

She knew she shouldn't lie but she also knew that if she said who she was they would take her away. She had no family that she knew of and would rather be homeless than taken away from everything she had ever known.

Cole was the one who answered the door, his parents had just left to bring his brother Levi to his friend's house, so he was alone.

Immediately she fell into his arms, he was her home. This wasn't anything new to him so he scooped her up and brought her inside but once he saw her face he realized something was really wrong.

"My dad is dead, I don't know what I'm gonna do I mean I called the cops but I lied and ran, he literally drank himself to death I just know it, I don't wanna be taken away but I don't know where to go or what to do, please don't let them take me Cole please!"

"Woah woah woah slow down, are you sure he was dead? He always goes comatose after he's had too many Celeste you know that, it wouldn't be the first time"
She took a deep breath but before any words came he said
"You know I will never let anything happen to you, nobody is taking you away and you will always have a place here, no matter what. Dead dad or an addict one, you will always have somewhere to go."

"Im absolutely sure he was gone, it was just the most awful smell and i've never seen him like that before, he died all alone and I know he was a terrible person and father but I can't get that out of my head. I know you say I'll always have a place here but you just don't know that for sure, what if your parents make me tell the police that I have no legal guardian now and make me go away."

Cole pulled her in closer and wrapped her up in his arms again,
" I will not let that happen, we will run away before id let that happen. You remember the pact"