Father & Daughter

Hey.

When I get back into writing, the first thing that happens is that life gets in the way again. I haven't had a moment to breathe because of it.

Five more chapters until Book One is finished.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farsight looked down at the cornered group of people from the safety of the Valkyrie. 

There were two women and a child, one woman with bulky but incredible-looking power armour and the small Sankta child who looked terrified, which was noticeable even when cowering behind the warrior woman and the other woman.

The other woman looked like Kal'tsit, but it wasn't. It couldn't be her.

She had Kal'tsit's hair and her lynx ears, but the eyes... The eyes were his.

She was looking at him.

Her look of recognition told him everything. It was one of familial recognition, not of someone meeting the leader of the Enclave. 

She knew him personally, but they had never met... Right?

"Y/n?" 

Farsight heard Texas's voice behind him, muffled by the Valkyrie's engines. Texas must have noticed something was up when he seemed transfixed on something below them. Texas grabbed his hand in worry when he leaned further out of the Valkyrie.

Farsight looked back at Texas's narrowed but concerned eyes. He smiled at her and squeezed her hand; he chose not to mention that her usual outfit was tight around her stomach and chest; if he did, she most certainly would have pushed him out of the aircraft.

"Leader? What you thinking?" Exusiai grinned cheekily, appearing behind Texas.

Farsight coughed and looked away, "Dangerous thoughts."

Texas narrowed her eyes, "How dangerous?"

He didn't reply to her and looked back at Exusiai instead, "When we get back to base, you'll be taking Texas to get some new clothes."

Exusiai gasped humorously at Farsight's insinuation of Texas's current state, but Texas was far from amused. She squeezed his hand so tight it slipped out from hers.

Texas didn't get to retort to his remarks or grab his hand again as he stepped back against the opening of the Valkyrie and fell from sight.

"Y/N/LEADER!"

Texas and Exusiai rushed to the edge, looked out of the opening, and saw Farsight slowly descending towards the streets of Laterano. His large, easily identifiable wings marked his location.

Texas gripped the metal door frame so tight it warped slightly, making Exusiai giggle nervously.

"I'm going to kill him," Texas murmured angrily. 

"Hehehe, Leader has some balls..." Exusiai chirped.

"Don't encourage him."

"Hehe"

Texas didn't bother to reply and instead turned to the Pilot, "Pilot, take us down! Your idiotic leader has decided your landing was too slow."

"Waa?" The Pilot yelped and jolted the Valkyrie.

- - - - - - - - - - 

Farsight descended to the ground quickly, his giant wings fluttering in the hazy air, and their powerful beats catching everyone's attention.