Jakkon POV

I've made a book for these guys!

You can find it on my profile under
Way of the Wolf: Absolution
A Wulvers Prequel

You can find Signy's POV to this chapter in there :)

In the Beginning - Part 2

Jakkon

“A song, we need a song!”

Others began to call out too, shoving and jostling shy wolves who burned red at the thought of singing before the pack.

“We need a poem over one of your bawdy songs,” Sol called out, followed by ringing laughter.

Jakkon paid it no mind, focussing on the pulled meat stew filling his belly, and cleaning up his wounds, ignoring those who gave him a wide berth as they passed by. . .until a male shouted a single name.

“Signy!”

Jakkon lifted his gaze to the male wolf Who’d dared to say her name. Hagbard was only a couple years older than himself but he had fought his way to sit close to the high ranked many moons back. And now he was beaming at the female Jakkon had made sure to place himself in the view of. And Signy gave Hagbard a small lift of lips in return that caused sickening jealousy to turn in Jakkon’s stomach.

“You should sing for us,” Hagbard plied, lowering his head respectfully. “Your words are poetry to music. It would be an honour to listen to your newest song.”

No one was blind to what was. Everyone who watched knew well Hagbard was attempting to court the only female Sol kept close to his side since his mate had passed. Fortunately, Signy declined with a polite smile and a shake of her head. Jakkon relaxed, only to stiffen once more when her father encouraged her to stand. Sigar thought Hagbard a match worthy of his female.

The rest of the pack wanted to hear what she had to say to melody too, they always did, everyone loved to listen to her. Her songs were always captivating; stories of old heroes, telling of hunts from the past few summers, gifts for new pups born and new mates bound, and sometimes lessons of life that left everyone in contemplative silence.

“Please,” Hagbard insisted, holding out a hand to her.

Glinting orbs of emerald met Jakkon’s for a moment, as if waiting for something, but when Jakkon could make no move nor voice the tangled emotions in his chest, they cut sharply away.