Enders (2)

My eyes lit up at Nay's words. My teammates were back. After three months, they were finally back.

"Are all of them back?" I asked, hopping up from my bed and soothing out the shirt I was wearing.

Nay shook her head. "Just one," she answered. "Each one of them will be coming back one by one, I'm sure."

Okay, that was fine. They were still coming, and one of them were already back. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I really hoped it was Dex.

Lena rolled her eyes, clearly able to tell exactly what I was thinking. "You have a one in four chance of it being your boyfriend," she teased with a smirk.

I turned bright red at her words. "He's not my boyfriend!"

Nay rolled her eyes just like her niece did, not saying another word as she turned and made her way into the hallway. Lena and I followed right after her, and I elbowed her in the side for what she had said about Dex.

He wasn't my boyfriend. I didn't even know what it was like to have a boyfriend. Even the thought of having one was just... odd. I didn't want a boyfriend. Not yet. It was going to be a while before I felt ready for that.

But that didn't mean I was going to push Dex away. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I wanted him by my side, and the last thing I was going to do was push him away like I had before. I wasn't going to deny my feelings for him any longer.

Nay lead us into the meeting room, and I felt my nerves go even crazier. What if it was Dex? I'd finally see him after so long... I was still so nervous that he had gotten over me or found someone else...

I shook my head. I couldn't think that way. He had assured me that he would find no one else, and just because we had been separated didn't mean that he had gotten over me. I certainly hadn't gotten over him.

As soon as we entered the meeting room, I made my way around Nay to see who was the first of my teammates to arrive. My smile faded when I saw who it was.

"Aiden," I greeted, forcing the smile back on my face. "It's you."

It wasn't that I wasn't happy to see him, I just wished that he hadn't been the first one to arrive, because we most likely would have just gotten into a fight like we usually did.

At least Lena was there with me. We were less likely to kill each other if she was there. But that was only because her and Aiden might have killed each other.

"Oh, joy," Lena drawled with a roll of her eyes. "He's back first."

Aiden sneered back at Lena. "I'm just thrilled to see you, too," he informed her sarcastically. "What are you even doing here? You're not in the DAU."

Lena's hands balled into fists at her side. She still hated whenever she was reminded that she hadn't been recruited to the DAU, and Aiden knew that very well.

It seemed like Aiden hadn't changed at all in the three months he was gone. I wasn't really surprised. Physically, he hadn't changed much either. His hair was a little longer and he seemed to have gotten even more in shape, but other than that he hadn't changed much at all. Especially his personality. But I shouldn't have expected much.

"So, how was your summer?" Lena asked him, though I could tell by her tone that she didn't really care. "I'm sure it was filled with thoughts of Kristie along with thoughts of how perfect you are."

Aiden scowled at her. "And I'm sure yours were filled with wishing you could be on a team."

"Is that going to be the only thing you use against me or are you going to come up with something new?"