Enders (10)

When I came to, my vision was blurry and my head was pounding. It took me a minute or two, but when I was finally able to look around, I noticed that I did not recognize my surroundings.

I then felt the ropes tied around my wrists and ankles, and everything came flooding back to me. I'd been knocked out and taken from the spa by Striker, and now I was sitting in a chair with my hands tied behind my back and my ankles tied together.

It was too dark inside the room for me to be able to tell where I was. One lightbulb hung above me, and it was the only light in the entire room. I assumed I was in someplace big, because the light covered a few feet before the rest of the room was engulfed in darkness.

"Hello, my dear," a familiar voice cooed, and I wasn't surprised when I saw Striker emerge from the darkness in front of me. "I'm so glad you're finally awake."

"I bet," I smiled sarcastically.

I then looked down at myself and saw that I was in that short robe that I disliked so much from the spa. For a moment, a feeling of dread and panic washed over me. I had been completely unconscious with Striker, dressed like this...

I didn't feel any different, so I was fairly sure that Striker had not done anything to me while I was knocked out. The robe was still tightly secured around me as well, looking like he hadn't been disturbed at all, so that was something else that confirmed I had been untouched.

But as he was slowly moving closer and closer to me, I was getting more and more uncomfortable. I did not want him near me, especially when I was dressed like this.

"It seems now we are completely alone, my dear," he smiled, suddenly right in front of me. I struggled to free myself from the ropes, but this did nothing but scratch my skin.

"Get away from me," I scowled, as if that was going to do anything to deter him.

He laughed. "You are just so cute, Violet."

He reached out for me, and I did the only thing I could think of to do. I spat. Right in his face.

And much to my surprise, he laughed.

"A little spit doesn't bother me, Violet," he smiled, wiping my saliva away with his sleeve. "Believe me, there are other bodily fluids of yours I want along with your saliva."

I didn't want to know what he meant. I did not want to know what he meant!

When he placed his hand on my knee, I jumped. I looked around, trying to look for anything I could have used my powers to throw at him, but I couldn't see far enough into the room to see any objects that may have been inside.

"Leave her alone, Striker," a new voice sighed from the darkness, and in the next moment, Carmine stepped out into the light, looking completely bored and uncaring about this current situation.

"Or not as alone as I thought," Striker shrugged, disappointed as he pulled away from me.

I never thought I would be so relieved to see Carmine, but I was at that moment. At least she also seemed to think that Striker's interest in me was problematic.

I felt like I was able to breathe a little easier, but I felt stupid for thinking that way, since it wasn't like Carmine was any safer than Striker was. They were both dangerous. Both in the same and in different ways.

Suddenly, the entire room filled with light, and the sudden brightness blinded me for a moment. As my eyes adjusted, I looked over to what I assumed was the entrance to see my friends, ready to attack.

I remembered my phone that I assumed was still in the pocket of my robe.

"How unfortunate. They found us," Striker sighed, placing his hand on my shoulder.