Ch. 28 Complication

I was discharged the next afternoon.

Jake took me home and carried me to the couch. He knelt in front of me and took my shoes off. He removed my jacket and three it on the arm of the couch.

"Sgt. Major?" Vanessa spoke.

He looked up at her.

"Do you need anything?" she asked.

"No, thank you, Vanessa," he smiled.

She nodded and left the room.

I looked at him and sighed. I put my hands on his shoulders. I was so tired. I gripped his shirt.

"Oh, honey," he sighed. "Want to lay down?"

"Here?" I asked.

"If you want to."

"Will you lay with me?" I asked, sounding pitiful. His couch was big enough.

"Sure." He stood and removed his shoes. He lifted me up and sat on the couch. He laid back and pulled me into his side. He kissed my head.

I gripped his shirt and snuggled into him. He was like my own giant teddy bear. He was so warm, so comforting. I eventually fell asleep...

***

When I woke, I was lying over Jake. I was so comfortable. I curled into him.

He rubbed my back and kissed my head.

I hummed, placing a kiss on his sternum.

"You're up," he whispered.

"Why am I over you?" I asked.

"I like you over me. You feel nice," he whispered, kissing my head again. He smiled and rested a hand on my lower back.

I looked up at him. I kissed his chin.

"Go North," he spoke in a voice, mimicking a GPS.

I giggled and pressed my lips to his. I kissed him sweetly and pulled back.

"You have reached your destination," he mimicked.

I rolled my eyes and gave him an intoxicating kiss. I rolled over him so I was straddling him to the couch.

"I think we better go upstairs," I smiled.

"Think so? Why?"

"Because I want you and I can't have you with your housekeeper running around," I whispered, biting my lip.

"Our housekeeper," he smiled, taking my left hand. He placed it over his heart and sighed. "Feel that?"

I nodded, feeling his heartbeat. I spread my fingers out, longing to feel more of it radiating up my fingertips.

He put a hand over mine and whispered, "It beats for you."

"It does?" I whispered.

"It beats for you, skips beats for you, and stops for you. You've got the key to my heart," he whispered with a smile.

"I do?"

He nodded.

I smiled, "I really want to go upstairs. Can you take me upstairs?"

He slowly sat up. He held me to him as he got up. He carried me to his bedroom and placed me on the bed. He got up and locked the door, then he came back over to me and straddled me to the bed. His nose ran up my cleavage, up my neck, up my jaw. He nibbled my earlobe and made a trail of kisses to my lips.