p8

I drove back home, smiling the whole way. Once I pulled up in the drive way, I got out and walked in my house. I was happy to return to such a familiar place, but I also missed Kens house. I felt tired, but it was only 4pm. So I went to watch tv. I switched it to Fox Sports 1 and grabbed my blanket.
"Elaine Baker from Orlando Florida has gotten the pleasure of being Ken Roczens mechanic!" The announcer said. I laughed. "Yeah I did." I said.
My phone buzzed, so I picked it up, figuring it was from Ken. Its wasn't though, it was my boss Richard.
Richard: heard you got a job with Ken roczen. Congrats.
Me: yeah! Thanks.
Richard: so I guess you reached your goal. Ready to be released?
Me: I guess so.
Richard: it was great working with you Elaine. Good luck.

Then I got a text from an unknown number
Unknown: hey El. Its Chad. I need to head home, Ken says he'll be fine, but if you want you can come over.
Me: yeah, I'll come over. Thanks for taking over for a while.
Unknown: no problem. Talk to you later.

I locked my phone and grabbed it, changing into my racing Jersey and some sweat pants as pajamas. I grabbed a snack and a red bull and got back into my car driving back to kens house. Now it was 8:00pm.
I arrived at his house around 8:30pm. The door was still un locked, and i know ken wouldnt be able to answer the door, so i just walked in quietly. "Ken?" I whispered. I walked down the hall to his room, seeing him sat up in his bed. "Hey ken..." i said in a quiet tone. He jumped slightly "oh, hi Elly." He said, his smile wasnt full, and was an indicator for pain. "You feeling okay?" I asked him. "My ankle feels fine, but my back is killing me right now." He complained. What did he ever do to deserve this. Poor guy.
"How about you lay down all the way?" I suggested. He did as he was told and laid down, groaning every now and then. "Okay, I'm gonna ask you to sit up real quick okay?" He nodded, sucked in a breath and sat up, using his arms to brace him. His face was scrunched up, so I quickly grabbed a stray pillow and stuck it under the dip in his back. He laid back down and let out the breath he had been holding. "Thats so much better." He said. "Good, need anything?" I asked him. "Nah, I'm good. Lay down, Elly, you look tired." He said. "I'm fine Ken." I lied.
"Elaine, your literally in pajamas, and you've been living off of red bull. Please lay down." He said. I sighed, giving in.
I laid down beside him.
I was awoken again by Ken coughing.