Chapter 40 ~ Taking The Next Level

Harry's P.O.V.

After arriving in London and dropping the note that the PR department wanted, I got back on the train to Manchester, glad that there weren't many people around.

Thinking about my parents, I wondered when the right time for Me to tell Jade that I wanted her to meet them would be.

But after her worrying behaviour earlier, I'm not so sure it's the best time.

Checking my phone, I looked to see that she hadn't texted, not even to ask when I would be back, so I decided to call her.

The phone dialled and she picked up after a few rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me." I replied, softly, hoping it would coax her out of the saddened mood she was in.

"I'm on my way back now, I should be a couple of hours now, baby." I added, hearing her sigh softly on the receiving end.

"What if someone sees you?"

By her questions, I could tell that her main worries were the PR team and the fact that we weren't supposed to be together and I could tell it was having a huge impact on her.

"Kitten, no ones seen me so far, please don't worry about it." I reassured, checking the time to see it was eleven at night.

"Why aren't you in bed?" I asked, knowing that we usually went to bed together, but wondering if she was waiting up for me or if she couldn't sleep.

"I wanted to wait for you, although I didn't know if you were staying over in London." She replied, her voice sounding tired.

"No, Jade, I wouldn't leave you like that." I told her firmly, understanding that her fear of me leaving her was also still apparent.

"Okay, well just let me know when your nearly here." She said as I felt an aching in my chest to hold her.

When she was tired, sad or stressed, I just wanted to comfort her, to be able to listen to her and reassure her that it would be okay.

"Okay, but listen - I have something I need to talk to you about once I get back." I said, slightly excited at the thought of her meeting my parents.

"Harry, not again, I don't want to hear what they have to say now."

"No, no, it's not about them, don't think about them." I said, quickly.

"Oh... Well, what is it?" She asked, sounding genuinely interested to know.

"I-it's - I'll tell you when I get back." I said, interrupting myself before I told her.

"You've got me wanting to know now, is everything okay?" She asked, with a small laugh, along with a twinge of nervousness.

When I first met her, she was so happy, despite her insecurities, she was happy and I felt the love she has for me, but now, I wondered how much she loved me. She was constantly on edge, wondering what was going to happen next. I know she loves me, but sometimes I wonder how much.

I just want her to stay.

"It's a big deal to me and I want you to be involved, but it's a good thing and I'm hoping you'll like what I have to say." I answered, anxiously.

"Okay, well we could do with something good to focus on. I look forward to hearing it." She said, her voice sounding perkier and a little more cheered up than before.

She was right, something good to focus on would be good for us and my parents already liked her from what I had told them of her.

"Yeah, your right. I'll be home soon, baby. See you soon." I smiled, finding the hope of her saying yes more likely.

"Okay, bye." She said cheerily before hanging up the phone.

I sighed in relief, thankful that she was feeling a little better.

Eventually, I arrived in Manchester, grabbing a taxi home and thanking the driver before handing him money for the journey.

Stepping inside my house, I closed the door behind me, locked and bolted it, before heading into the bedroom where Jade was reading in bed.

"Hey." She smiled as I smiled back, taking off my boots, socks, shirt and jeans before climbing into bed.

"Jade, I need to speak to you. It's been on my mind for a while now and I really need to just ask you." I blurted out, finding myself needing to know the answer.

"Hey, calm down, what is it?" She questioned, her eyes widening slightly at my sudden outburst.

"It's - well, I wanted to know if you'd meet some important people to me?" I asked as she looked at me in confusion.

"Okay...like who?" She inquired, cautiously.

"Like my parents." I answered, anxiously.

She looked at me, her eyes widening slightly as her mouth gaped.

"Y-you want me to meet your parents?" She repeated, her expression shocked.

"Well, you've already met my sister and I wanted you to meet them because they're important to me and your important to me and I felt like it was the right time, but if it's not, then it's okay. I just thought it would be good for us." I explained.

"Harry, I would love to, I'm just surprised that you've asked me. I never even expected a good relationship, let alone something so special." She replied, her beautiful smile appearing on her lips.

"Really? You'd like to?" I questioned and she nodded.

"I just find it hard to believe that you want me to, but yes, I'd love to - and I'm sorry about this morning, I didn't mean to be so short with you." She said, earnestly.

"Hey, it's okay, I understand that your finding this so hard, but we're okay. I'm not going to leave you. I love you. Your so important to me, Jade." I said, wholeheartedly and she smiled, heartened.

"I love you too and I'm sorry about this morning, I know your scared too, but I won't leave you either. We need to trust each other." She responded and I nodded.

"I know, it's okay. I love you." I said, reaching over to tug her over to me.

"I'll let them know tomorrow, but from what I've told them, they already like you." I reassured her.

"They do?" She asked and I nodded, moving her hair out of her face and kissing her forehead.

"They do." I confirmed as she rested her head on my chest.

"Cheshire's only half an hour away from here, so I was thinking, we could go soon? If you want to." I added and she nodded.

"Yeah, that'd be great." She replied as I rubbed her back gently.

These reassuring moments were what we needed. We were happy and these moments reminded us of what we have with each other.

It shows our fears, but it shows our love; and that's amazing.

>>>>

Hi everyone <3

I wasn't sure how to end this chapter, I hope you all like it, I'm trying to make the chapters cute, but the sequel will focus more on their relationship like these chapters, so hopefully, they should all be cute chapters <3

Lots of love,

Lauren xx