One

"We're still on for tonight, right?" Zayn whispered to Louis who was sat in front of him with his back towards the dark haired boy

The two were in their last period of the day and the minutes seemed to be dragging by as the teacher continued to talk about the upcoming tests occurring the next week since it was nearing the end of the school year and summer is coming up.

"Yeah." Louis breathed, fumbling with the end of his pencil as his blue eyes went to the clock placed on the wall above the door.

"After, we can go get some pizza and chill at my house." Zayn chirped, masking his excitement when the teacher called out his last name to answer the question he just asked.

Louis didn't actually want to go hiking through the woods. Especially after all the homework he has to do which will be a complete drag.

Before Louis could reply, the bell was chiming above the teenagers heads and echoing throughout the halls.

"Lets go!" Zayn cheered, grabbing ahold of Louis' sleeve and shaking it as he jumped in place.

The blue eyed boy quickly packed his things into his black Jansport backpack and made his way down the aisle of desks with one strap hanging off his shoulder towards the now open door down the hall with his best friend skipping each step they took towards Louis' black Jeep.

The Jeep wasn't anything special. The front and back doors were taken off due to it still being hot in Doncaster and the windshield had a few cracks at the edges due to Louis' fast driving.

"We don't even have the supplies to go hiking." He stated as he rummaged through his pockets for the keys. He made his way towards the drivers side, throwing his bag into the trunk in the process and plopping down in his cigarette burned seat.

"We don't need them." Zayn replied, "We'll be done within a half an hour. Quit being such a downer." He buckled in his seat belt before throwing his bag to land successfully in the trunk. He reached behind his ear to feel a cigarette still placed there from the morning and brought it between his lips.

"Do you have anymore?" Louis asked, taking his eyes from the steering wheel to the smoke floating from Zayn's lips.

"Got a whole pack in my bag." He mumbled with a lisp due to the cig hanging between his teeth. "Lets go," he groaned impatiently.

"Fine." Louis grumbled, starting the engine and turning his wheels to back out of the parking spot of the Doncaster High School parking lot.

The ride towards the woods was silent between the two. Other than the light hum of the radio playing old rock songs Louis lightly tapped his fingers against the wheel to.

He followed Zayn's directions towards the edge of the town near the woods and as soon as he saw the tall and dark trees his breathing hitched.

His blue eyes went to the sky that was a light blue color since it was still early and then back to the trees that grew larger as he got closer.