Fifteen

The morning was calm in the house

The morning was calm in the house. Zayn and Harry were talking in the kitchen while Louis was washing their clothes since they had to leave the next day.

Louis was sad that he had to leave. Last night, Harry became cuddly in the middle of the night and spooned him until morning. He liked the feeling of his arms pressing his back against his chest. He was a little itchy at the feeling of the stitches pressing against his back but he relaxed and tangled his legs with his more hairier ones that tickled his smooth skin.

He would eavesdrop on their conversation as he walked by with the basket full of their clothes, catching a few things that caused him to smile since he heard Harry laugh his rare laugh.

His voice was deep so that would make anyone who hadn't heard him laugh think that it was the same but it wasn't. His pitch raised when he laughed and his voice was loud, bringing a smile to anyone's face due to his dimples.

"Does it hurt to have those in?" He heard as he walked by with the empty basket, causing him to stop in his tracks and ease closer to the kitchen. He didn't want to poke his head in to see Harry's reaction but the silence was defining.

"Uhm," he stalled, his thick voice humming through the air as his green eyes wandered around the room. He tried not to look at the curious human across him with his burning hazel eyes and tapping fingers against the table as he waited for his answer. "Sometimes. When it rains."

"I heard it was going to rain tonight." Zayn mumbled, looking down at his fingers that were tapping a random beat on the hard surface. "Hard. Maybe lightning."

Louis nervously swallowed at that. He remembered the last storm. The big bruise he had on his eye from Harry freaking out.

He walked into the kitchen to join the conversation because he could already feel the Frankenstein references coming from the dark haired boy.

"Could you get electrocuted if you went outside?" He giggled, "Wait, do you freak out when you see lightning?"

"Bright light bad!" Louis groaned playfully in a deep voice, causing them both to burst out in laughter while Harry just rolled his eyes. See i knew he would find it funny, he thought.

Harry thought back to when Louis was gone. He actually read the book just so he could understand what the boy was saying and it offended him more than when he didn't know.

"Gotta go." He mumbled, making Louis' attention go from his mate to the taller lad who was already walking out of the kitchen and going to the front door.

"Harry," the boy called out, "We were joking." He went to go follow him towards the door but stopped in his tracks when he saw Niall and Liam standing at the door with angry looks in their eyes.

"You little," Niall spat, rushing past Harry and storming towards Louis, pushing him against the wall with a hand on his throat. He picked up the human with ease, his feet barely touching the ground as he gasped for air. "How dare you come back here!" He shouted with gritted teeth, showing his now more noticeable fangs. "I should bite your head off right here."