16°

» "speakin' of time, who stopped it? That's the feelin' that I get when we lock lips..."

Graduation;

"I just can't get over how handsome you look in your cap and gown." Hattie gushed as her and Bryson walked arm in arm to the auditorium.

"Thanks, Hattie. Why are we here so early again? Graduation doesn't start for another hour and a half." He said looking at his phone.

"I want to get a good seat. You go find your friends, I'm going to go wait in line." She said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Bryson didn't see many people, he didn't think he would with how early they had come. He stood outside the building with his headphones in.

"Tiller!" Paris called, tapping his shoulder from behind him. He took his ear buds out and turned around, a smile suddenly appearing on his face.

"Hey, Paris," he greeted, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you, you look very handsome this evening." She complimented with a chuckle.

"Thanks." He replied, fixing his cap. He had been trying to get his thoughts together all day and just couldn't figure out what he wanted to say or how he wanted to say it.

"Sooo, what were you trying to tell me yesterday?" Paris asked sweetly.

Bryson froze. How do you know if you're in love with someone?

"Uh, come here." He stated, scratching his neck. Paris was confused but took a step closer to him. "Close your eyes."

"What, why?" Paris asked giving him a strange look.

"Just do it, Paris." He demanded with a sigh.

Paris hesitantly closed both of her eyes. She didn't know what Bryson was going through but she did miss him as much as he missed her so she was willing to go along with him.

He took a deep breath and grabbed her chin, pushing his lips onto hers. Paris' eyes shot open, but she tried her best not to distract Bryson in any way.

After a while, Bryson pulled away for air. He looked into Paris' eyes and he knew then, he truly loved her.

Paris was glad that he pulled away because she was a second from fainting. Her stomach was fluttering the previous seconds were replaying in her head as they stood there.

"I- uh, I know that kinda caught you off guard..." He finally spoke after a short silence.

"A little." Paris admitted sheepishly.

"I just needed to see how I felt about you." He told her honestly.

"Oh...," she replied, "And how do you feel about me?"

Bryson bit the corner of his lip and interlocked his fingers with hers, "I'm in love with you, Paris."