Family Knots

Britney's POV

I watched as Summer fainted. We all tried to catch her before she got her, but all of us were too slow. I cringed as her head bounced off the corner of the sofa table like a basketball.

Summer's mom rushed to her side, and brushed back Summer's hair to reveal a huge gash from her temple to just above her eyebrow that was already bleeding down her face. Her mom pulled down her sleeve and applied pressure to the wound as she cradled Summer in her arms.

"I'll call 911!" Samantha exclaimed frantically, as she pulled her phone out of her pocket with shaking hands.

The man who's Summer's mom call Hunter, was by her side helping her with Summer. As for me, I was in a state of shock, I didn't know what to do, I wanted to help but I didn't know how. It felt like only seconds had passed when the ambulance arrived. Summers mom and I road in the ambulance while Hunter and Samantha followed behind us.

"I knew she wouldn't react well to this! This is all my fault! I should have never kept this hidden from her!" Summer's mom sobbed.

I snapped back to reality and looked up at her, "What do you mean?"

She looked at me with sorrow filled eyes, and opened her mouth as if she wanted to explain, but closed it again. The EMT's worked frantically around us to cover Summer's wound.

I began to grow more suspicious. "Why did summer say 'dad' before she passes out?!" I questioned.

"It's complicated Britney."

"Tell me!" I half yelled, making the female EMT jump a little bit.

She sighed, "I will, soon, but for now why don't you call Bryce and let him know what happened."

I rolled my eyes out of frustration and pulled out my phone, making sure to hold onto Summer's hand while I called Bryce. The phone rang five times before he answered.

"What do you want Britney?" he asked, annoyed.

"Well hello to you too." I said, matching his tone.

"What do you want?" he repeated.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that we are in an ambulance on our way to the hospital because Summer's hurt.

"What?!" he said frantically, sounding worried.

"Yeah. Just thought I'd let you know." I said, getting ready to hang up.

"Wait! I'll meet you guys there!" he said, it sounded like he was running or something.

I hung up and placed my phone in my pocket. I continued to hold Summer's hand as the ambulance sped to the hospital.

Bryce's POV

I rushed into the hospital, and up to the desk. A plump middle-aged nurse looked up at me and smiled, "Can I help you?"

"Yes! I'm look for Summer Gerelds!" I said frantically, leaning against the counter.

She looked at her computer and typed something, and looked back up at me, "Yes, Ms. Gerelds is in room 1295 down to the left.

"Thank you!" I said, before running down the hall. I felt like there was a rock in my chest preventing me from breathing. I had to see her, I had to hold her and tell her what an idiot I was. God, how could I be so stupid?!

I found her room, and threw open the door. Summer was laying in the bed with her eyes closed. Here head was bandaged, and her blonde hair pooled around her face. Her chest rose slowly with every breath. Britney was sitting in a chair to Summers right, with her knees to her chest, as she held Summer's hand. Mrs. Gerelds was looking through a clip board that was on the table next to Summers hospital bed. A girl with blonde hair and preppy clothes was standing near the window. When I came in they all looked at me.