8

___________

_______
____

Your pov:

  Emma drove me back home and I said a quick 'thanks' to her for not only taking care of me, but also driving me back home. I could feel myself limping slowly as I made my way to the door. Being lazy to move another muscle, I just knocked gently on the door with my foot.

The door immediately swung open revealing Eleanor and another girl.

  "Hey Eleanor, who's your friend?" They stepped aside while I walked inside. Eli locked the door before pulling the new girl with her to greet me.

"This is my new friend,Sofia."

"You can call me Sofi though." The little girl said with a wide toothless smile. She looked quite familiar. Sofi played with the hem of her blue shirt shyly.

"Hi Sofi, it's nice to meet you." I tossed my shoes aside once I was finished taking them off. I lifted up my hand gesturing for a handshake. But rather than shaking my hand, she ran up towards me and wrapped her arms around me giving a hug. She wasn't exactly hugging me properly since I was much taller. I let out a little chuckle before hugging her back and patting her head gently.

"Y/N? Why's your forehead red?" Eleanor asked. Sofi and I broke out of the hug. I quickly thought of a way to get around her question, but it would just be easier to lie. "I uh — bumped into a pole." I lied with a believable smile to hopefully trick her in someway.

Sofi and Eleanor looked at each other giggling at how clumsy it sounded. "Sounds like my sister." Sofi blurted out as she continued to giggle.

"Girls, brownies are done!" We heard Andrew shout from the kitchen.

"Brownies!" The two girls said in unison as they both faced each other. They quickly scrambled their way to the kitchen, squealing about how excited they were to have something in their stomach.

Instead of greeting my brother and following the girls, I decided to drop off my bag in my bedroom and greet my mom. I bet it gets real lonely sometimes up in there in her room. Her room was dull with the white walls and a few family pictutes that still has pictures of us with dad. Looking back, I wonder if he faked those smiles in the picture. He would be one hell of an actor if that were the case.

"Hey mom." I softly knocked on the door giving her a fair warning before walking in. Her eyes beamed as she saw my face. I kneed down next to her bed becoming face to face with her. Mom's face soon became filled with concern. I noticed she was examining my face.

"Sweetie, what happened to your face?"

I soon felt warmth as her hand soothed one side of my cheek. I leaned into her touch, realizing how much I needed comfort from the one person I loved the most.